30 ★ Seem like enemies

𝕎𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 - 𝕔𝕚𝕥𝕪 & 𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕦𝕣

"All your friends

seem like enemies

when you're broken down

and empty"

Cedric POV

     "Hey, dumbass, you ever gonna crawl back out of your hiding hole?" Savannah's voice is muffled as calls at me through the other side of the door. I'm laying on the couch, my body taking up all of the space that it offers.

     Biting back a groan, I roll over.

     I haven't been out in a few days. Calling in sick to work, telling Savannah to get lost, even ignoring all of my phone calls. Especially Hendrix's calls.

     I'm still sorting it all out in my head. I need my own opinion at the moment, and only my own. Other voices won't help figure anything out.

     After hauling myself to the door, I unlock it, swinging it open and ready to argue. My Beta forces herself into the room the first chance she gets. One look at me, and her hands are on her hips.

     "What happened to you?" Savannah wonders, and I narrow my eyes at her while she crosses into the kitchen without another word.

     "Like I would tell you." I reply. I go back to my place on the couch while she rummages through the freezer. She comes over with a handful of ice wrapped in a dish towel. When she hands it to me, I just raise my eyebrows.

     "For your sad face. You look like shit." Her light eyes take me in from head to toe pointedly. "Let me guess, miserable, moping, pissed off. I've seen you like this before. You had sex? You know, that's supposed to make you feel better, not worse." She tries to joke, but I don't find it amusing.

      I see a flicker of pain in her eyes, and I know she's probably disappointed in me. She always thought highly of me. That's not my fault.

     "Not in the wrong context. Not before mating. You were right the first time, I'm a dumbass." I regretfully tell her, leaning back and pressing the ice pack to my eyes. I haven't slept in 3 days. My idiotic brain won't allow rest.

     I can't see Savannah, but I feel her presence shift until she's sitting in the armchair across the small room. She loves to sit parallel to me when she has some lecturing to do.

     "Last time I checked, it takes two to tango." I move the ice so I can glare at her. She just shrugs, observing her nails.

     "Hendrix didn't know any better, I did. It's my own fault." It's something I've come to realize more and more. She might have convinced me, but it didn't take a lot before I gave in. My mate claimed I wanted it just as much as her, and she was wrong. I wanted it more than she could even imagine. "She's sensitive. She thought that when I refrained from intimacy, that I might not be committed."

     Savannah shakes her head.

     "Ridiculous." She murmurs, and I agree with her.

     "She's only 18 years old, she's had a rough life, sometimes it's hard for her to decipher relationships. I blame her parents. They don't sound like the most upstanding people." I grumble. Her father left her, and her mother wanted to get rid of her. It couldn't have been a great combination.

     "Not to mention she was raised in the human world where sex means everything. Barbaric creatures." Savannah brings up, and I have thought about that as well.