58 ★ Bell through the night

ℝ𝕙𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕠𝕟 - 𝔽𝕝𝕖𝕖𝕥𝕨𝕠𝕠𝕕 𝕄𝕒𝕔

"She rings like a bell through the night

Wouldn't you love to love her?"

Hendrix POV

Thunder cracks, rain pours against the window panes, and my scream overpowers them all.

The pain is just way too much to handle. Cedric holds my hand, and I squeeze it as my teeth clench. I'm not even allowed to push yet. I'm only at 8cms if dilation, and I have to get to a 10 before I can squeeze this child out of me.

It's not even possible to have an epidural. They don't do that in the lycan world, so the Doctor here isn't trained on it, and she doesn't know how my body will react with a supernatural baby. So, I'm stuck doing natural birth. It hurts so bad, I might die. I'm blinded by the agony.

I never imagined it would be this bad. The pain is unbearable. The ache is 100 times more intense than any period cramp I've ever experienced. I didn't know the human body could feel this much pain. It's cruel, really.

"You're doing great. It's going to be okay, baby. Just breathe." Cedric stands anxiously at my side, and I love him all the more for it. I can tell he's at a loss for words. He doesn't know what to do, and neither do I. I have to go through more of this. I'm going to die, I think.

I groan as another contraction kicks in, my massive stomach hardening as the muscles tighten. It's like my belly has become a boulder with how hard the skin and flesh contracts around my uterus. Sweat licks my body, Cedric's oversized t-shirt that I wear sticks to my skin.

"I'm gonna die." I pant, bleary eyed as I whirl my head around, looking for Doctor Melbourne between my legs.

She smiles kindly, putting a hand on my knee from where she sits at the end of the bed.

"Hang in there. You're doing amazing."

It's weird having her in our house, but I couldn't exactly be moved in the middle of the night while I was already having contractions every 4 minutes.

My labor is going fast, way faster than I thought. Apparently the pain I was feeling earlier when I was with Keifer were contractions. I didn't know, but if I did I would have called Cedric. I've had all sorts of pain while pregnant, I just assumed that it was nothing.

Clearly I was wrong.

As soon as my water broke, Cedric went into absolute beast mode. He's the stable one here, after all. He called Doctor Melbourne immediately and told her to come as soon as possible, and then called his Beta, having Savannah take Keifer to her house. I can only imagine how terrifying it would be for him to wake up when he hears me screaming in pain. It would be traumatic.

"Oh shit." I gasp, another roll of pain attacking me. My mate's eyes widened in shock. He's never heard me curse before. I don't think I've ever cursed before. It's warranted now, though.

"What's wrong with her? Is this normal?" Cedric demands, angry but panicked. Doctor Melbourne drops her sweet attitude when she looks at Cedric.

"She's a human having an accelerated pregnancy. Her labor is going to be difficult. I told you that. And, in case you missed it, childbirth is not a walk in the park." I laugh at her sassy words before moaning in agony as another fresh contraction attacks me when I'm least expecting it.

My sounds of pain are overshadowed by Cedric's growling as his hand tightens on mine. His red eyes glow in the dim room, the rain pouring in the background adding to the already hectic night. It's almost midnight.