44 ★ Crawling

𝕎𝕒𝕝𝕜𝕚𝕟' 𝔹𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕥𝕠 𝔾𝕖𝕠𝕣𝕘𝕚𝕒 - 𝕁𝕚𝕞 𝕔𝕣𝕠𝕔𝕖

"Oh, I'll be home in just a while

And if I had to I'd be crawling

Just to share another morning smile"

Hendrix POV

     Montana is beautiful. It's beyond anything I've ever seen in my life, it definitely beats the blue ridge ranges I loved in Virginia. The peaks are so big, demanding of my attention. I openly marvel at all the sights. The trees, the mountain tops dusted with snow. It's all perfect. When we pull into the pack, I'm shocked we're already here.

     The ride to the entrance is a long, dirt road. I've been assured that it's safe here, and the land is privately owned. The locals apparently think that it's either a Native American reserve or a cult. I'm not surprised. It's in the middle of nowhere.

     We come to an enormous, brass gate. My eyes widen as Savannah rolls down her window to speak to the guy at the front. The gate connects to a tall fence, taller than any person. It keeps going on either side. I assume it goes around the whole territory, which encompasses over 200 acres of land.

    Eventually the gate opens, and we travel inside it's hidden center. Somehow I feel like I don't belong here, like I'm on my way to a place I shouldn't be.

     The suburban comes to a stop, and everyone hops out.

     When I climb out of the car, Cedric tries to hug me to his side, but I manage to side step him. He gives me a look that shows how hurt he is. I don't want to hurt his feelings, but I'm not quite ready for this. I'm so confused, and my hormones don't help. I need time. I need sleep.

     He hovers around me, and I don't blame him. Whenever I'm standing up, I feel like I'm fixing to pass out. He says something to Savannah under his breath, and she doesn't seem too pleased.

     I travel to the back end of the car where Ezra opens the trunk, gently hauling down my suitcases and then proceeding to dump Jamison onto the ground like a bag of trash.

     The werewolf moans in pain, rolling onto his side as he squints up at us. Bright red marks show under the chains that bind him. I want to rush to him, comfort him, tell him that everything will be ok. I don't. He betrayed me. I can't trust him anymore. I'm not sure what will happen to Jamison, but it can't be good. Cedric almost killed him. That means something bad, but I don't know what.

     I turn my head away, unable to look too long.

     "It's about time you got here. It's felt like forever, don't leave me in charge again. I hate it." A very disgruntled voice says from the other side of the suburban. I walk around the vehicle to see who it is.

     Cedric and Savannah are joined with two other people, both are tall, both are blonde. The man that spoke earlier is scary, and very pale. He looks albino with his white eyelashes and white eyebrows. His icy eyes slide to me, and as soon as they land on my stomach he looks like he wants to murder someone.

     The girl observes me too, with a different expression, one of curiosity and then open horror. She holds tight to the man's arm, almost to keep him from attacking. I gulp, taking a shaky step back. She can't possibly keep him from killing me if he chooses. He looks capable of tearing free.

     The pair turn their hate filled gazes to Cedric. He gives them a grim nod, a confirmation of whatever they're mad about. Obviously, it has something to do with me. I hope it's not about me being human, I can see that being a problem. Ezra has a hard time accepting it before.