25 ★ Behind the wheel

𝔹𝕖𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕖! 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕒𝕣! 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔸𝕔𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤...

"We both know I'm too young for you

And when you fake a laugh behind the wheel

I know where this road is heading to"

Hendrix POV

I'm pulled out of the darkness with a thump. A big thump that won't go away, it consistently wages war with me in my head. What is going on? What's doing that?

When I try to sit up, a groan splits the air. It was involuntary. I can't help it, I feel like I've been hit by a truck.

Staring around the room, my heart sinks in my chest. I don't know where I am. The dark walls, the curtained windows. I'm sick to my stomach, and terrified. I take a deep breath to try and calm myself down, try and think, and then familiar scent greets me.

Just when I'm about to call out for him, he walks right through the door.

"You're finally awake. I thought you might be dead." Cedric says, a bit too gruffly, putting a bottle of Advil and a glass of water on the nightstand. I'm relieved I'm in his place instead of some random stranger.

It's still unsettling to wake up somewhere and have no idea how I got here.

As I try to recall how I ended up in this bed, my head splits and I hiss in pain, clutching my skull. It hurts so bad. Mistakes have been made, that's one thing I know for sure.

Cherry is there in a second, sitting on the bed and pulling me into his lap. He's so warm and cozy, like a big teddy bear. I snuggle into him without a second thought. My cheek brushes his stubble covered jaw. His face is always covered in dark hairs.

"Last night was a fiasco." He grumbles, grabbing the bottle of Advil and dumping a few pills in his hand, forcing me to take them.

After I swallow the pills, I sip on the water in thought. I don't know how I ended up here. That freaks me out. I got drunk and somehow ended up staying at Cedric's apartment overnight. The story that led me here can't be good. I need someone to fill in the missing spots.

"Speaking of... what exactly happened last night?" I ask reluctantly. I'm kind of afraid to find out. It's all a big blob of moments, and fuzzy scenes of drinking and dancing like an animal. I definitely shouldn't have gone to that party.

And yet, I was feeling sad, and I can't exactly go back in time.

I remember when I had my first drink, and it was nothing short of awful. My mother's words came to mind when I held that shot in my hand, and then I drowned my sorrows. It worked, but only for so long. The morning after is definitely not worth it, or waking up with no memory. That's definitely a con as well.

"What's the last thing you remember?" Cedric presses, and I shrug, racking my throbbing brain. I know I'm supposed to be mad at him, but I'm not anymore. I never really was. I just thought he'd want nothing to do with me. I guess I was wrong.

"I think I sang Sweet Home Alabama in front of everyone." I admit in embarrassment. I would never do something like that sober unless someone held me at gunpoint. My stomach turns over. What else did I do last night?

Cherry smiles a small smile.

"Yeah, you told me about that on the way here." He admits. "You called me while you were at the party, going off on me like a mad woman. I came and got you, I literally carried you out against your will. You didn't recognize me."