Epilogue

3 years later

Alpha Veiler was the definition of an oxymoron.

He stomped around the pack grounds that he owned in his military boots. He eyed the trees with his red eyes, gazing around in quiet observation. Nothing got past him. He wasn't being overly vigilant, but he was focused and thoughtful as he scanned the area.

This was his land, he was in his element. He knew this acreage like the back of his hand. He also knew what he was searching for, he had the scent etched into his mind.

He appeared serious standing tall among the dark trees, and dangerous with his broad shoulders. Like a predator stalking its prey. It was clear that he was looking for something. His mannerisms were intent, focused on his surroundings.

Underneath his harsh exterior, the Alpha King was amused and relaxed, his grave nature all a facade that was part of his search. It's a game that he's playing. No one would be able to tell from the outside, but he was toying with his pray.

"I know you're out here, half pint. You can't hide forever. I'm going to find you." Veiler's voice lilted through the trees, his glowing gaze shifting from the branches above to the grass below. He knew his target couldn't have gotten far. She wasn't very fast, and she wasn't very strong. He only pretended his long search as a way to boost her confidence.

He continued through the forest, his weight crunching the sticks and foliage under him. Veiler slowed his pace to a stop when he detected something not quite right about the air. He froze. Although he was light and carefree only moments ago, he was now stiff as a board as a certain scent struck his nose. It was a pungent smell, one that he didn't want to detect on his lands ever again. But he'd smelled it before.

A piercing growl raised from his throat. The game was forgotten. His protective side made itself known as anger surged. He would not have this.

"I smell you. No sense in hiding." They were similar words to the ones he uttered earlier, but with new meaning, a new voice. Gone was the soft tone, he was serious this time around.

He wasn't surprised in the slightest when the faerie stepped out from around a tree. The tall male had his hands causally in his front pockets. Nothing about this was casual or playful. The faerie missed the memo.

His dark chestnut brown hair was short, but curled around his pale, pointed ears. He donned a misplaced grin despite the circumstances. He seemed oddly relaxed, even with an angry lycan in his way.

"Hello, Cedric. Lovely to see you again." He said airily, to which Alpha Veiler rumbled in upset. He hated how smug the faerie was, and how he showed up unannounced and uninvited. It was the second time this had happened. In fact, last time he showed up here, Veiler made it very clear he did not want Beau to come here ever again.

And yet, here he was.

"I want you gone. Now. Before I have to take drastic measures." Veiler warned, taking a threatening step forward. Beau didn't back down. Not this time.

"I would like to see my daughter, Cedric. And my granddaughter." He added, his voice lingering on the last word, almost like a brag. Beau was essentially announcing that he knew all about their private lives.

It made Cedric infuriated.

"You're not going anywhere near them. My family will not be exposed to you." He growled, glaring at his enemy with his mean, scared face. "I doubt she wants to see you."

Beau's expression didn't shift. He simply blinked.

"Have you told her about our visit? Does she know that I want to see her?" He wondered out loud, but they both knew the answer to that.