♥ Chapter 13 ♥

As soon as we neared Kartik, my heart felt heavy and an awkward, uncomfortable feeling surrounded me. I tried to ignore him and just simply walk away, but hey, things never work as you want them to. As I neared him, Darshan softly and intentionally pushed me from behind and I bumped into Kartik. So, this was the trio's plan. I was their victim. From the past few days, eachtime they did something to me, I would take it lightly and for fun, but this time, it wasn't fun. Not at all, at least for me. As I bumped into Kartik, I lost my balance and was about to fall, but he held me. He held my hand and his other hand was on my waist, and mine on his shoulder and chest. We had a minor and an extremely awkward and worst eye contact in the world but, within a few seconds, I left him and stood properly. The whole class started hooting and clapping. Everyone had teasing smirks on their faces and all of them were looking at us. I could hear the trio's laughs from behind. I stood with my head hung low while Kartik continuously kept staring at me. I made tight fists, bit my lower lip and tried my best to hold back my tears, but they too ditched me. I ignored everyone and ran out of the class. The awkward feeling was consuming me since yesterday, and now, I was completely hollow from inside. I went in the ground and sat on one of the benches in the corner. I burried my face in my hands and tears uncontrollably flowed down. "Divya", I heard Sneha's anger filled voice but didn't bother to look up. She came and sat besides me. "Divya look up. I'm here to talk to you", she angrily said and I forced myself to look at her. "Just look at your face damn it! You'll definitely die because of dehydration as you waste all the water in your body as your tears", she scolded. "What do you want Sneha?", I asked in annoyance. "Do you want to know what I want?", she asked back and I looked on. "I want you to be  stronger", she snapped. "Divya, you can't be this weak. You can't cry at every small thing like this", she added. "Sneha this wasn't a small thing and you know the reason very well", I snapped back. "Yes, I know, and that's why I'm saying all this, because I know that the reason isn't worth this", she said. "Divya, all I want to say is, be a little stronger. You shouldn't cry at small things like this, else this world full of devils will always make you cry. You'll end up becoming everyone's punching bag. If people are angry, they split it out on others; if they are sad, they talk to others and lighten their heart; but you Divya, you always keep it till you, you let it's weight to become a burden on your heart and eventually you end up crying. Try to talk to people, if you don't like anything, go ahead and complain, it shouldn't be always you who compromises. All I want to say is, go ahead and pour your heart out in front of both of them. Tell them everything. It's been very long since you are carrying it all inside you, let it out", she said and gently pressed my hand. Maybe she was right. I should stop crying at all the small things, I should stay calm and composed instead of breaking down every other second; but it's who I am, not just now, but since childhood, it'll definitely take all I had to change myself and I know that I can't, but at least, I'll give it a try, for her. Talking about blurting out everything to the both of them. It seems like mission impossible, even more impossible than the whole damn series of 'Mission Impossible'. Maybe I could do the half of it, but I can't complete it, ever. I don't have the strength and confidence to do so.

(Nabihadz as promised ♥)