♥ Chapter 22 ♥

I looked up with a jerk. Kartik stood in front, with comparatively more wounds than he had when I slapped him. "Can we talk for a minute please. I want to say something", he said. For the first time ever, his voice and face reflected guilt and I looked at him in utter disbelief and shock, while he looked on waiting for me to accept. I remained silent and turned my face in Darshan's direction. He was already looking at me. All the romantic expressions of his face flew away, he was serious. I raised my eyebrows at him and he nodded with an assuring smile. I again turned towards Kartik and simply nodded my head because I didn't know what to say. "Can I?", he asked to sit and I gestured him to. "Divya, I'm sorry. I really am. For whatever I did. I know that maybe I don't deserve an apology but please, if you can forgive, I'll be glad. I shouldn't have forced you to accept me, to accept us, that was a big mistake I did, but more than that, what I did in the class that day...", he paused and lowered his head. I couldn't believe that he changed, I never expected him to apologize and be that guilty. Maybe he changed because maybe Darshan beated him later too, because he had more wounds; but did he even change for real? "Can you forgive me? Please", he requested. "I'm sorry Divya", he repeated. "I...it's okay", I forced words out and he palely smiled. "So, everything is super awkward right now. I don't know what to say, so, I'll see you day after tomorrow in the school. Once again sorry and thanks", he said and rushed out of the cafè while I still sat there, completely shocked and paralysed. Although he had apologized, still I couldn't believe it, somewhere deep inside, I was sure that he didn't mean whatever he said and he was cooking something in his mind. Although we didn't had much talks, but one month was enough for me to know that he wasn't that good to apologize so easily. I looked in Darshan's direction, he was busy talking to her kidfriend but after a few seconds, he looked towards me and raised his eyebrow. "Did you beat him?", I mouthed him, clear enough for him to understand. He passed a wicked smile and winked at me and again started his date. How daring was he? Sitting with her girlfriend and winking at another girl.

(P.S: Updates will be a bit lower from now onwards)