♥ Chapter 49 ♥

The next week was spent like this only, I'd go to office in the morning and then to hostile in the night with some food for others and I stayed back at night on Saturday and the doctor said that they'll discharge him on the next Saturday. Darshan was discharged till Saturday evening. "Go home and take some rest", Darshan said. "Why does everyone here wants me to take rest? It's you who needs rest, not me", I snapped. "If you don't want me to stay then just tell, why are you taking cover behind wanting me to rest?", I added and he gave me a death stare. "Are you serious, W?", he asked with a chuckle and I remained quiet. "Do you seriously think you can prank me?", he asked and I bit my lower lip on my clear failure. "I taught you all this and you're trying it on me, huh, nice try", he said and softly pulled my cheek. "But on a serious note, go and rest because seeing you cheerful and happy, will help me cure even faster", he added making me blush. I hugged him tightly and he hugged me back. "And I'm 90% good, now", he said and burried his face in my neck. "I'll come and to meet you tomorrow", he said and broke the hug. "No, you take rest, I'll come", I said. "Oh please. I'm fine now, and I'm bored of staying in bed, that's not in me, I'll come", he protested and I had no other option agreeing.
I don't know what time it was when my phone started ringing waking me from my deep slumber. I tried to force my eyes open and see how was calling but it was an unknown number. "Hello", I said with a sleepy voice. "Hello", an unknown voice said from the other side. "Who's it?", I asked and managed to sit up straight. "Open the door", was the straight forward order, ignoring my question. "Who's it?", I asked and no doubt I was wide awake at 2 a.m. "Open the door", was what I again got to hear along with loud bangs on the door. I took trembling steps towards the door and the bangs turned louder. "Don't dare to cut the call and open the door fast", the voice said. The bangs seized as I neared the door and I peeped out through the eye hole, but no one was there. I mentally fought with myself if opening the door and checking was right or should I just go back and ended up deciding that I should check. My trembling sweaty hands unlocked the door and I peeped out through the slightest gap between the door and wall and found no one outside. "Wh...who are you? Where are you?", I asked and turned around to go inside.

(Did I tell that it's about to end?😞)