Crack my bones but my heart won't break now!

Matt stumbles through the halls of the canalization. He can tell that by all these pipes and hoses that stick out from the walls and lead into a lot of different directions. But fortunately there's no water...that would be gross. Matt hates the smell of the canalizations.

It's like a big maze of paths and dead ends. But Matt fights, he fights for his survival, and with that also for Nate's survival. He needs to find a way out of this, but it's easier said than done!

But his two legs are slowly giving in. The wounds are slowly destroying them and him from the inside. He couldn't last much longer.

After some time, he's out of breath and leans against the wall. He slides down the wall with an injured expression, the wounds make him much more than imagined and he sits down on the cold floor of the canalization. He stretchs out his feet to examine the wounds in his legs. They're deep and bloody. They will probably take a long time to heal.

Matt removes the blindfold and the rag he still wears. NateMare didn't remove them completely. He binds them around the wounds very carefully. Every movement hurts like hell. But for his health, it's worth it. He would like to do without an infection, that would be the last thing he would need. 

He takes a few deep breaths and looks around. Before that, he only partially paid attention where the road leads, he just wanted to go away to be safe, there he didn't pay attention to such things. Now that he takes a little break, he can look around better.

Then he hears footsteps and talking people behind him, and they come closer. He don't recognizes the voices, but he knows that they aren't NateMare's employees. They are talking about normal things like work, family and life.

Matt does the first thing that comes in his mind. Screaming, screaming for help. He slams his hand against the wall.

"HELLO! PLEASE, ANYBODY! HELP ME!" his voice echoes through the halls, but it seems that they people heard him, because they are switching tone in a more panic one. Suddenly a door a bit far away, opens quickly. 5 mans, probably workers here,  enter the hallway and run to Matt.

"Sir, are you alright? What happened?" the first worker asks, while he and another one are helping Matt to stand up. 

"yeah...I think so...only the wounds..." Matt replies exhaustingly and nods to his wounds on his legs.

"Ok, Sir, we help you! 2 of you carry his legs you go ahead! Let's go! Before he gets an infection!" the same worker nods to two of the others and they are picking Matt's legs up, so that he doesn't need to walk and he can spare his legs. The last worker goes to the door and holds it open, so that the others can bring Matt out of the hallway and upstairs. 

Matt looks for the last time back in the canalization. He knows that Nate's still down there. 

He just hopes Nate's alright. 

But he doesn't know that Nate, or more NateMare followed him. He was right behind him, but Nate managed to stop him, so that Matt can leave. Nate ran into a little room in the wall and sat down to the ground, while he was still fighting with NateMare. After some time, the pain stopped.

"You can give and take, crack my bones, but my heart won't break now!" he whispers to himself.

Now he sits there on the ground, head between his legs and curled up like a ball. But something seems foul. It seems like something or someone is in the room with him. Not in his mind, but personally...

Nate raises his head slowly and looks to his right side. A man sits, exactly like him, a few meters away from him on the ground, head between his legs. He wears the same clothes, but they are ripped, like he had a fight, and his hair is styled like Nate did it once. He raises his head and looks to Nate.