I swore that this was the last time...

Nate slowly moves away from the container, but still staring at it like in trance.

He sits down on a chair next to the table with all his drawing. He rests his arms on the table and looks away from the container.

As soon as he looks away, a big a mount of tiredness overwhelms him and he collapses on the table, snoring peacefully. He clearly overworked himself.

In the middle of the night he wakes up by a loud fingersnap, right next to his ear. He flinches and immediately jolts up, seeing 4 silhouettes standing right in front of the table, no idea who they are because they lights are turned off.

He wants to stand up, but one of the silhouettes holds him with the tip, of what it look like a cane, against the chair. He tries to move, but with no success.

"WHO ARE YOU?! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!" Nate tries to thrash around and get the cane away from his chest but one of the silhouettes goes behind him and holds him still.

"Isn't it obvious who we are, Nathan?" the figure behind him hisses. Nate immediately starts to panic, forgetting that they are himself. He starts to struggle.

"Don't say that he forgot everything..." the one behind him sighs annoyed.

"He'll remember, don't worry..." one of the men walks to other side of the room, turning on the lights.

Nate blinks a few times as the light blinds him. After some blinks he looks up and sees his versions in front of him. The one with the blue streaks is holding him against the chair. He sighs annoyed.

"What do you want?" he wants to stand up but with no success.

"We, Mr.Smith, we have to talk!" the one with the cane says, followed by an angry and strict look from all of them. He gulps a bit scared.

"A-About what?" he smiles nervously.

"About your little project here..." the one behind him hisses in his ear.

"Why, what's wrong with that?" The one with the stick presses the tip of the stick back to his chest and quickly silences Nate.

"Nothing...we just wanted to make sure that you don't come on very bad ideas..." he hisses and removes the cane.

"Very bad ideas? Why don't you trust me for once?"

"Because you don't know just what's in store. Try to salvage every missing piece and you hope to still find more. The madness never ends...except with your death." the version behind him forcefully grabs Nate chin and yanks it upwards, forcing to look at him. Nate gulps as he sees the intimidating eyes of his version.

"Mare, calm down okay..." the hurted one says while leaning against the wall.

"Wait, Mare? Why do you call him Mare? I thought he was my past?" Nate asks carefully, scared if he will regret this question.

"He is your past. We just gave all of us names, so that it's easier for us and for you..." his older version sighs annoyed, like he's talking to a little child.

"Yeah, the angry dude there is Mare, the one with the cane is Phan, I'm Bones and your 'older' or 'younger' or whatever he is, is just Nathaniel." the hurted one explains, still leaning against the wall.

"O-Okay...I understand why Mare, Phan and Bones. But why Nathaniel?" he raises an eyebrow.

"He doesn't like it, but we mock him with it a bit. Nathaniel is the longer form Nathan." Phan laughs slightly, giving Nathaniel a hit on the back of his head.