You're picking up all the pieces , that they salvaged.

"G-Guys?" Nate slowly moves back and leans with his back against the wall.

"Yes, Nate? What's up?" Cristina rubs his arm as one last tear runs down Nate's face.

"I want that you all answer my next question with all honesty...o-okay?"

"Sure, what do you want to ask?" Andy tilts his head slightly.

"H-Have you...worn this masks before? And used it against me?" Nate gulps and nervously looks at the others, who are looking at eachother in shame.

"We said that we're honest...I won't break that promise..." Hunter is the first that speaks.

"...yes, we have worn this." Nate's breath starts to speed up again and is about to stand up.

"But we can explain all of this! Please, just listen to us. It's more than an echo of a "hello"." Cristina immediately cuts him off, so that he calms down and sits back down.

"O-Okay...explain everything to me. Every...single...detail." Nate slowly sits back down

"Okay...so..." Andy takes a few deep breaths before telling the story.

"It began 4 months ago...I found a bronze mask in the trash can. I didn't know it, it didn't belong to me. But something magical...forced me to keep it. I was curious about it, so I put it on and...then...this big disaster began. A kind of dark force took over me and cut me off. I was still hearing and seeing everything what happened, but I couldn't control my body." 

"And I guess...that's what happened to the others too, right?" Nate asks a bit more calm than before. After all that, what happened, Andy's story is probably true. 

"Yeah...Andy was forced to trap all of us one after the other. Then we did the same with you. You were the last one." Hunter looks to the ground in shame.

"We tried to turn away from them. But they were still right beside us. We tried to cut them off, so that they can't control us. But they always had another way to find and control us. And they played their little games with us all day. We knew that we'll never be free from them." Hunter gulps in fear. He totally forgot that the dark inside of him is still here.

"W-Wait, does that mean that they are still inside of you?" Nate's clearly starts to panic again.

"Yes, but don't you panic, ok? We can hold them back!" Andy instantly tries to calm Nate, even tough he panics more than Nate.

"How can you be sure about that?! You'll never be free! You block them out all you want! But they'll come back around! They will kill me!"

"Not if we provide for it. If we feel that they come back, we just go away as fast as we can." Hunter takes out some handcuffs.

"And when that doesn't help, I still have my little friends here." he rattles with the handcuffs in the air.

"Do you really think that it would work?" Nate is still skeptical about this idea .

"Hey, it's better than nothing." Hunter puts the handcuffs back into his pocket.

"Ahh... you should have left me to decay. Finding me was your worst mistake." Nate burries his face in his hands.

"What the hell are you talking about. Why should we let you die?" Andy shakes Nate a bit, but he doesn't react. He's like frozen.

"Nate?" Cristina snaps with her finger in front of his face, but he still doesn't react

"What did just happened?" she waves with her hand in front of Nate's eyes but he remains frozen.

"Oh, he has that again...Andy help me for a second." Hunter grabs Nate's arms, while Andy grabs Nate's legs.

"Wait. What is even happening?" Cristina follows Hunter and Andy as they bring the frozen Nate in his room. They lie him down in the bed.

"It's something he has had since he was a little kid. When his emotions get too confused, he just freezes and feels nothing. It's like a sleep paralysis." Hunter explains calmly.

"A-And how long goes this paralysis?" Cristina takes Nate's frozen hand.

"I'm not sure. Sometimes they only took 2 minutes. Sometimes 20 hours. One of us should stay here. Maybe he wakes up, soon." Hunter stands up and Andy does the same.

"Cris, do you want to stay with him?" she only nods silently and Hunter and Andy leave the room.

She sits down on the edge of the bed. She strokes with her hand over his cheek. Then tears begin to run down her face.

"Nate, if you can hear that...I'm so, so sorry. I don't wanted any of this. It's been years since I've seen such a wonderful face around here. Without you, I'm broken and alone. No matter how bad my day was, you always choose to stay with me. You spend your nights keeping me happy. You thought that I could stand a chance to last against the ghosts of my past? You always believed in me." she wipes some of her tears away.

"And that's for what I want to thank you. That you always counted on the good inside of me. That you always cheered me up, not matter what happened and that you always remained the same funny and good person that you are."

"Is that true?" Nate's sounds muffled because of the pillow next to him, but that doesn't really matter right now. 

"Yes, every single word of this is the truth. Nate, you are unreplaceable. Not only for me. But also for the a lot of other people. Hunter, Andy, Brett, your fans, your community." He lifts his head a bit, but that's also the only action he can do.

"Good to know..."  he lets his head fall drop down on the bed again.

"Should have left me to decay. Finding me was your worst mistake. Because of me, everything just got worse. You should turn away and don't be right beside me. You should cut me off, also when I'll always have another way to find you." 

"Nate, you're lying. Nothing got worse with you. Everything got better!" Nate doesn't answer. She pulls the pillow away and sees him stare into a random direction again.

He's paralyzed again.