But now, I'm home!

After one week of relearning all the things he used to know. Easy things like walking and hard things like carry something with one arm. But after this week, Nate's ready! Ready, to leave this place.

"You're ready, Nate?" Cristina puts her hand on Nate's shoulder, who stands in the bathroom. Staring in the mirror.

"Yes..." a big smile starts to form on his face. It was more than 3 months ago, that he visited his home. 

"Then come on, hun!" she leaves the bathroom and Nate follows her slowly. Before he leaves his room, he looks for the last time, to his reflection. Then he closes the door and walks down the hallway. 

The white and grey walls made him insane during the last week. He saw no other color beside them. Only a few times, when his friends visited him...he saw other colors. But that were the only ones. But because of that, he's even more excited. The old feeling of life, the warm sun, all the colors...everything is back!

"And in my mind...it's what I deserve all along." he whispers, while reaching the front door and opens it. A light wind blows through his hair and he takes deep breaths. He missed it so much to breath the normal air. 

Andy helps him to get in the car and closes the door. Nate takes one last look to the hospital. A small tear flows down his cheek. He remembers exactly the first moments after he woke up. How Hunter was calming him down, telling him that all that, what he thought that was really, was all just a nightmare. The calm and friendly of his friends around him....

Andy gets in the car and starts it. 

"NEXT STOP: HOME SWEET HOME!" Hunter calls out laughing. He sits next to Andy. Nate and Cristina behind them. They look at eachother, happy to have the other one back. 

The way from the hospital to Nate's house isn't that long. Only a few minutes of waiting, and they already reached Nate's house.

Hunter gets out of the car and opens the door next to Nate.

"Mr.Smith, your home is already waiting for you." he bows slightly like a butler. After all this, his humor never changed. That's why he's Nate's best friend. Whatever happens, Hunter never really changes. He remains the silly and funny Dookieshed that all his friends and viewers know.

"Thank you, Mr.Hughes!" Nate laughs and gets out of the car with the help of Andy. They slowly make their way towards the entrance of the house.

"But now I'm home! Right where I belong!" Nate whispers while on the way to the front door.

Nate looks around his house, like he has never seen it. But everything is still like always. Nothing has changed. And then he looks to the couch, where a very familiar animal sits, only waiting for his good and human friend to come home. Rylo.

"Rylo!" Nate exclaims as Rylo runs to him, barking in full joy. Nate kneels down on his good leg and hugs Rylo. 

"Oh, buddy, I have missed you so much!" Nate gets two clear barks as answer. Of course they mean "Me too.".

"We took care of him, until you came back. But he never really wanted to leave the house. Like he wanted to protect the house." Cristina looks at Rylo with a little smile. This dog is a very special and wonderful one.

"It doesn't surprise me! Rylo was always a protector. Right Rylo?" Nate pets Rylo behind his ear, making Rylo's forehead touching his. He gets a clear bark as answer.

Nate lets go of Rylo and stands up, looking around the room once again.

"Nothing has changed, since I was gone...It's all I know." he says and he feels Hunter's and Andy's hands on his shoulder.

"So, why don't you take a little nap? It's 9 PM. You should sleep." Cristina asks while helping Nate to walk to his room. Hunter and Andy are going to bring the rest of Nate's stuff in the house.

"Yeah...I guess, you're right...but..." he opens the door and they enter his room. His room hasn't changed too. 

"But what?" Cristina helps him to lie down on the bed. She sits down on the edge of the bed.

"I-It's...I'm afraid to fall asleep..." Nate takes Cristinas hand and squeezes it a bit.

"It's becuase of the nightmare you had on the first day? Are you afraid of relieving such a nightmare again?" Nate nods slightly.

"Do you want to talk about it? About what happened there? Maybe it will make you feel better?" Cristina runs her hand through his hair.

"It was horribile. It was incredible, but so real at the same time. There was Matt, wearing a mask...praying to Bendy the Ink Demon from Bendy and the Ink Machine. He wanted to sacrifice me to Bendy. At the end he and I died...at the same time. I had in every single night this kind of nightmares. Nightmares about blood, suffering and death...and all of them felt so real!" his breath starts to get shaky.

"They said I'm sick. Their wicked words, they cut my nerves. And made me feel like I'm nothing! They said get closer but I'm scared. They mocked my name and put me to shame!" his breath gets quicker with every single second he thinks about his nightmares.

"Nate, easy now, remember, you are safe. All of this nightmares aren't real. It doesn't matter how real they feel, they just aren't." she says very calm and carefully. Nate needs to calm down. Nate's breath slowly gets normal again. He takes some deep breaths.

"Thanks Cris. I don't know what to do without you." he sits up and hugs her tightly.

"No problem. Now sleep, it will  get better, I promise." she stands up and walks to the door.

"And down forget, when you need us, we are there for you. You're not alone." she smiles to him and closes the door.

"I'm in my room. They're by my side." Nate says to calm himself down. He then carefully burries his face into his pillar and falls asleep.

Another bad time arrives for him.