A night where everything is not as it seems...

Nate walks into the warehouse. So forsaken and rusty like the last time...nothing has changed...

"It may be where you live but it's not your home..." he sighs and walks to the most close corner of the warehouse. A big crate stands in the corner, hiding the way to the secret stairway. He puts the bag down and leans the cane against the wall, jumping his way to the crate.

He pushes the crate away, revealing the rusty stairway that leads downwards to his hideout. He jumps back to his cane and grabs the bag. He looks down the stairway. Only darkness and emptiness comes from it. He takes a deep breath and starts to walk down the stairs.

On the way, not a single light appears, he's walking in darkness. He takes out his phone, using it as flashlight. After like 5 minutes of pure stairway a giant metal door appears in front of his eyes. He pushes it open, revealing more darkness.

He presses the switch, turning the lights on, revealing a large room with a lot of different furnitures. Some tables and stairs, a couch and a paino. 

This hideout was the only place where he was alone with his father. Nobody except them knew about it. His father teached him a bunch of stuff here, like playing paino or drawing...and he was so thankful for that.

He closes the door and walks to one of the tables. He leans the cane against the table and lies the bag down to the ground.

He sits down on one of the chairs, while a burning sensation on his right ankle starts to appear. He rolls up the jeans, revealing a big wound that goes from his ankle to the half of his shin. It's deep, but not bloody. 

He takes out a bandage from his bag and starts to go around the wound multiple times. He knots the two ends together and stands up. He knows that his left leg is weak, but it can take in some damage...

He walks over to the another table with a bunch of drawings, most of them made by him and his father when he was young.

He sits down on the chair next to the table and takes the pencil, that lies on one of the drawings. He cracks his neck and spontaneously starts to draw. He adds a bit of shading to the drawings. He takes a few thinking breaks and continues.

After some time he stands up and goes to the piano, playing a few notes of his song 'Take Me Anywhere'.

"I've got a one way ticket straight out of here, and I don't know where it goes..." he sings, thinking about a solution.

"It's not the destination, it's the crawl.."

"Was it out of love, or out of fear? If you ask me, I don't know. You forget how to want, once you've had it all." then he gets an idea. If he doesn't find her...he brings her to him...

He stands up and walks to another table, where are standing a few chemistry tools. He takes a few chemicals out of the closet in the wall. Fortunately he was good in chemistry when he went to school...

He mixes a bunch of them in a test tube together, spilling some of them over his cloths, but he doesn't care about it. After he finished the mixture he lets it stand there and notes the progress on a piece of paper. He draws his idea on the piece of paper and brings it over to the pinboard at the wall.

He walks back to the seat and sits down. At the same time he feels another burning sensation on his right shoulder. He removes the shirt off of his shoulder, which makes the burning sensation even worse. He's clenching his teeth in pain.

As the shirt doesn't cover the wound anymore, he looks down at it with a confused but also hurted look. The spots where once his flesh was, is now pure metal. The fake skin is ripped, but not bloody. He closes his eyes in defeat. He never expected something like that.