It's a permanent escape

"Nate?" he feels a hand on his arm. He looks up. Hunter, Andy and Cristina are right in front of him, kneeling and standing. 

"Where am I?" he looks around. He's still in his room on his bed.

"You're in your room Nate. Everything's fine." Cristina says calmly.

But Nate still looks around, like he would be looking for someone.

"Where is she?" he immediately gets up. Not paying attention to the others or his left leg.

"Where is who?" Andy looks to the others who just look at Nate in confusion.

"Jessica! Where is she?!" he looks behind the curtain, in the closet, literally everywhere.

"Who's Jessica?" Andy whispers in Hunter ear as they still look at Nate if he's insane.

"She was Nate's first ever friend. They met in the kindergarten. He told me that she went missing years ago. But he forgot about her. He doesn't even know that she's dead." he whispers back to him and Cristina. They both look at eachother with confused looks.

"And how do you know about that?" Andy tilts his head slightly.

"Because she was my cousin. She died in a fire when she was young. She was gone. From one day to the other. I told Nate when I met him that she went missing. He believed it immediately. He was so naive as kid." Hunter takes a shaky breath.

"Nate? She isn't here..." Hunter steps closer to him.

"She's here! I can feel her! Don't lie to me! She just ventured off, no turning back, she has gone astray!" he opens the door, continuing his search.

"Nate! She's not here! I'm not lying! She's gone! You've got to get in your own mind!" Hunter runs after Nate. Cristina and Andy follow both of them.

"No! She isn't! She found a way out of this place! It's a permanent escape for her! She's here! I know it!" he looks through the entire house, still ignoring the pain of his leg.

"Is he insane?" Cristina whispers in Hunter's ear.

"I honestly don't know it..." he shakes his head.

"Nate! She can't be here! She's dead!" Nate stops right in front of him, shock is written in his face.

"Dead? She went missing! She's still alive!" he runs into the basement, still trying to find her.

"You gotta shot so don't be a fool! I see your doubt about your route, give it up! She's dead!" Hunter calls after him. Nate immediately comes back, anger and fear is written in his face.

"Liar! All the while you had your say, but didn't know how to convey? Is it that, huh? She went missing. YOU told me that! Why should be different now, huh?" he stops right in front of Hunter's face.

"And how the hell should I've told you that, huh? Hey Nate, I'm sorry but Jessica is dead?!" he yells at him. They're both just in pure anger now.

"Guys! Calm down!" Andy steps between them, holding both of their shirts in a strong grip.

"He started it! He lied to me! That's all logic! You don't need luck to see the end of this conversation!" Nate gets out of Andy's grip and walks to his room.

"For what was that now?!" Cristina looks at Hunter with an angry look. He sits down on a chair.

"I don't know...I just...couldn't stay calm..." Hunter runs with his hand through his hair.

"It's fine. Everyone makes mistakes. Nate's just... praying and hoping for better days. He's almost just a kid who lost its own way. He forgot who the enemies were that he had made. He's not a shadow, he won't fade. Like you." Andy pets Hunters back.

Nate comes back, cane in one hand and in the other a bag. He walks towards the door.

"Wait...where are going?" Cristina tries to hold him back but he only glares at her with a pissed look.

"I don't look before I take a fall. Who knows when you could lose it all. I've got to stand and defend. They'll push but I can never bend and I'll carry on! I'll find Jessica. And when it is the last thing that I'll do!" he turns the doorknob down to open the door.

"What?" all three of them say, but Nate already opens the door and wants to leave. Andy immediately sprints towards the door to stop him. He closes it right before Nate is almost out of the house.

"Nate, you can't let you do that." Andy presses his hand against the door.

"And why not, huh? You don't even believe me. Why should I stay here?"

"Nate you have a freaking broken leg and out of the hospital for like 3 days. You're half sick!" 

"This isn't going to stop me! I need to find her!" he tries to walk pass Andy, but without success.

"Let me go! It's my decision!" he looks around and shakes his head. Then he realizes something...something that should have noticed way sooner.

"Okay...fine...now you show your real face, huh?" he looks around. All of them stare at him like he's insane.

"What do you mean with that now?" Hunter crosses his arms.

"Do you really think that I'm dumb or something like that?! I see it! You're trying to trap me in my own house! You're not better than your dark sides!" he yells through the house.

"Are you insane?! Nate, we just want to help you!" 

"You want to help me?! You're trapping me in my own house! That's not what would call 'help'!"

"We just want to protect you!" 

"Then don't treat me like an animal in a cage!" tears start to form in Nate's eyes.

"Just treat me like your friend and help me...I'm not one of the enemies you've made..." he steps closer to Andy, tears are running down his face.

Andy slowly removes his hand from the door. Oh boy was that a mistake. Nate immediately pushes him away from the door and opens it. 

"NATE!" he runs to his car and starts it as fast possible. He drives backwards on the street and drives away with full speed. He just needs to find her!