one | earth

The strain of her arms begging to be done, the huff of her labored breathing, the sweat on her brow

The strain of her arms begging to be done, the huff of her labored breathing, the sweat on her brow. It was as alive as she'd ever felt in the past 3 years, and it was likely it was as alive as she ever would feel.

The four walls that contained her left little for her to do but push her physical body to the limits. After hitting 50 pull ups her arms gave out, her feet thumping against the ground as her arms went limp. Her eyes closed as she felt the numbness that followed, unable to enjoy it as the sound of her cell door hissing open brought her back to reality.

"Prisoner 247, against the wall!" A sharp command echoed against the metal wall Taya shuffled over to, her tired arms protesting as she rose them to show no harm, the two guards still pinning her to the wall with more force than necessary, but she was used to that. The cold metal felt nice against her flushed cheek.

Taya didn't speak, knowing anything she said would be a waste of breath. Reacting would only get her shock lashed. Even the sharp breath she took when they grabbed one of her arms and twisted it behind her back caused them to tug harsher, the other hand on her back painfully applying pressure. A small whimper slipped from Taya's lips as her wrist erupted in pain, feeling as though they'd just electrocuted her.

A moment later they released her, Taya's arm returning to her as she cradled it against her chest, finding a chunky bracelet was secured to it.

"Walk." Another powerful order was given, Taya's shoulder being hit when she didn't immediately comply.

"Alright, alright." Taya grumbled, marching forward and out of her cell for the first time in a month.

Taya felt fear flood her body when she stepped out, taken aback by the the state of chaos that surrounded her, as every single prisoner was forcefully taken from their cells. 

Taya's feet dug themselves into the ground on their own accord. The guards didn't wait for their discharge to process what was going on, as their ironclad grips entrapped her arms and forced her forward. Taya tried to comply, but her legs had gone numb as her mind reeled with outrageous conclusions for their roundup. 

Taya stumbled her way forward, attempting to find her footing, but panic made it hard, and her guards huffed as they dragged her down the hallways. 

Taya was numb from head to toe, and while her eyes scanned fervently, she was largely unaware of her surroundings. Taya failed to clock the path they took, nor the direction they were headed, because she knew their destination; death. 

Taya's suspicions were confirmed as they rounded their final corner and a line of counselors came into view, the one her eyes caught hold of causing her lip to subconsciously curl. Kane. 

If Taya's mouth had not went dry when her conclusion solidified, she would have spat at him as she passed. If Jaha had been present, nothing in the world could've stopped her from getting to him. 

"Walk." The guard ordered as they passed the final row of councilmen, releasing her with a shove.

Taya stumbled, unaccustomed to her autonomy as she regained her footing, Taya looking up at the ramp before turning to face her guards, only to find they'd brandished their batons. 

"I got her." A third guard gruffly spoke, pushing past the guards with his head down as he grabbed Taya's arm with a similar tight grip, tugging her back around to the drop-ship, Taya unable to do anything more than stumble over herself as she was forced to the back of the ship, the man throwing her into the back of the seat roughly, Taya glaring up at his dark brown eyes as he hastily buckled her in.

Taya however, realizing something about the man was off as he then fell into the seat next to her, strapping himself in. "Hey!" Taya tried to call out, her voice coming out too weak to catch any attention "Hey, guar-." She went to try again, but her attempt to gain attention was cut short as the fake guard named Bellamy Blake, in a fit of panic, struck her with the back of his gun, knocking her out cold.

---

"That's Octavia Blake, the girl they found hidden in the floor!" The voice beside Taya was yelling, but the throbbing in her head made it sound more like a whisper, distorted as it ebbed in and out. The pain in her head was all she could feel at first, a pained groan tumbling from her lips as her head lulled forward, her hand catching it as she touched the open wound on her forehead.

Taya forced her eyes open, pulling her finger away to study the ink-stained blood that covered them, it causing her to wince.

"Octavia, Octavia, no. Let's give them something else to remember you by." A man spoke, but it failed to register to Taya as she tried to clamber to her feet, swaying dangerously as she attempted to take her first step, a stranger's arms wrapping around her to try and stabilize her.

"Hey, hey, hey, slow you, are you okay?" A guy asked, Taya blinking at him a few times as her eyes struggled to make sense of the information they were receiving in the dim, flickering light. The guy had genuine concern written on his face and a kindness in his eyes.

"What's going on? What happened?" Taya mumbled, her brows scrunching together as she looked away from the kind goggle-eyed boy to survey the crowded dingy room, unable to recall when she'd lost consciousness.

"We were sent to Earth." The guy informed her, grinning down at her and nodding, causing Taya's eyes to snap back to his, as if to see if he was bullshitting her.

"No way." She whispered, her heart leaping in her chest as she figured she wouldn't believe it until she knew it to be true, Taya moving away with only a small stumble as she elbowed her way to the front of the crowd.

Taya broke through the last line of people, everyone's complaints dying in their mouths when they saw who was pushing them. Taya saw the doors still closed, a girl with dark brown hair standing in front of them, looking to the side where a guard stood, ready to pull the lever as he grinned at her.

No, not a guard. The guard. Taya realized, her eyes locking onto him as the pieces clicked together. He'd knocked her out.

"Who's that." Taya hit the person beside her without looking to who it was, nodding to the guard.

"Bellamy Blake." Harper replied, looking nervously at Taya as she shifted away, knowing the stories. Taya had half the mind to yell to him right now, the words on the tip of her tongue when he pulled the lever, the door falling open with a hiss.

Taya was blinded for a moment by the blinding light that fell in, the cool breeze hitting them as Taya greedily sucked the fresh air in, real air.

Taya blinked through the pain as she gazed in wonder at the environment in front of them, the lush green forestry, the bright blue sky. A rare, genuine smile washed over Taya's face, one she arguably hadn't held ever since that fateful day. The closest way to describe the feeling that enveloped her was freedom. She was finally free of that damn cell, of the Ark. It felt like a dream and Taya was glad for the stinging on her forehead to remind her it wasn't.

Octavia's boots hit the ground with a thump, her hands throwing themselves up over her head, declaring "We're back, bitches!" She yelled into the abyss that was all theirs to explore, the teenagers letting out cries of joy, euphoria, elation. As a collective they streamed forward and outside, desperate to feel the soil underneath them.

Taya found herself by the side of the girl that'd yelled the two sharing a smile despite being strangers. "We're free." Taya said, a lightness to her voice that came only from being able to finally say those words.

"Damn right we are." Octavia gave her a toothy grin, throwing her arm over Taya's shoulder and looking up at the sky, throwing up her middle finger to the Ark.