seventeen | choas

"Come on. These foxholes aren't gonna build themselves." Bellamy called as Taya walked over, wiping a cold rag over her forehead, trying to play substitute Clarke was not fun, and neither was stitching someone up.

"Better hope those land mines work. All the gunpowder we're wasting, we could be making more grenades." Bellamy bitched.

"You want to come over here and test one?" Raven asked rhetorically.

"Funny. I need this entire section mined by morning. Then you finish the south field." Bellamy ordered and turned to Taya who was very hesitantly trying to make her way over to them and regarding every patch of dirt suspiciously.

"Hey, I told you, we're going after Finn, Clarke, and Monty in the morning." Raven stopped him.

"And I told you, nobody leaves this camp." Bellamy turned to leave again, only for her to stop him again.

"I'm talking to you. We can't just abandon our people. You want to lead them, show them you give a damn." Raven said just as Taya arrived only for a gunshot to go off in the distance causing her to flinch.

"Whoa! What the hell was that?" Onlookers cried. Everyone turned to a kid who seemingly fell asleep which resulted in an accidental misfire.

"Hey! What the hell is the matter with you?" Bellamy yelled, getting pissed.

"I'm sorry, man. I fell asleep. I've been on watch all day." The guy apologized.

"We've all been on watch all day!" Bellamy yelled, grabbing him. Taya's eyes widened in concern. "That bullet was one less dead grounder."

"Bell, you're scaring people." Octavia said as Taya made her way over.

"They should be scared! The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare, but that time is up! the Grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do! Clarke, Finn, and Monty are gone, probably dead, and if you want to be next, I can't stop you, but no guns are leaving this camp! This camp is the only thing keeping us alive!" Bellamy roared, addressing the crowd.

Taya instantly knew this mini freak out would not help anyone and stepped forward, gently pushing Bellamy aside.

"Bellamy's right. We're at war. They are picking us off outside the walls, but inside, even they know they can't reach us. Together with a little bit of luck and a little bit of grounder ass kicking skills we can win this, we have advantages. It's not gonna be easy, that much I think we're all starting to understand right about now, but it's not impossible! Together we stand one hell of a fighting chance, so please carry on maintaining our few advantages, because god knows we need them." Taya spoke, and it seemed pretty affective for the most part.

"Get back to work!" Bellamy ordered, storming off. Taya sighed and glanced at Bellamy for a moment before hurrying to Raven and Jasper.

"Hey, don't listen to Bellamy, okay? Tomorrow, afternoon, the three of us are setting out and we are getting our people back. Try and get as many others as possible to join, Ill go try and calm down Bellamy." Taya promised with reassuring smiles before following after Bellamy.

Taya sighed as she spotted him throwing an empty cup to the ground in frustration.

"Hey. What was that back there?" Taya questioned.

"What was what?" He demanded shortly, still a little moody.

"Bell, look I know you're scared but so are they and fueling and adding to that fear is gonna help no one." Taya tried to point out.

"I'm not—! I'm not scared. Just forget it, I need to strategize." Bellamy brushed her off, going into the dropship. Taya sighed and decided to just let him cool off. She picked up the cup and set it back down.