fourty five | trapped

"The rover's almost charged. We need to pack up. We'll be home soon." Bellamy announced.

"Then what? Run away?" Clarke questioned.

"We're not running away, Clarke. We need to regroup with the others and find another way to defeat—." Bellamy began.

"There is no other way. We need to find a Nightblood." Clarke cut him off, stressing her words. "We need to unlock the Flame. It's the only way to stop Alie."

"What do you expect us to do, Clarke? Walk into random villages asking for their Nightbloods?" Jasper asked sarcastically.

"If that's what it takes." Clarke nodded.

"No, Clarke. If Alie can find us on Luna's rig, then she can find us anywhere. I won't help you destroy another innocent Grounder village." Octavia put her foot down.

"If we don't find a Nightblood, there won't be any Grounder villages. Or a home for us to go back to." Clarke looked between the group, trying to convince them.

"That's all the more reason we go there and make sure our friends are okay." Bellamy stood his ground.

"Clarke, this is what we're doing." Taya told her and she seemed to have enough, stalking off.

"She'll be fine. Just let her cool off." Jasper said. They resumed their packing.

•••

The group hopped out of the Rover, and greeted their friends.

"We were getting worried." Raven smiled, limping over. Her smile fell when none of them returned it. "Where's Luna?"

"Luna said no." Octavia informed them.

"Who the hell's this?" Harper asked as Roan came into view. Taya looked back at the large man they'd picked up on their way back. The man who'd stabbed Bellamy and fractured her skull.

"He's Ice Nation." Bryan glared at him, a hatred in his eyes

"King of the Ice Nation actually. And he's our way into Polis." Clarke announced.

"This way, Your Highness. You two, follow me. I'll take him to lockup." Bellamy said, walking off with Roan, Miller, and Bryan.

"You wanna use him to get to Ontari?" Raven asked.

"Yes." Clarke nodded.

"What happened to his arm?" Harper asked.

"Bellamy shot him." Jasper said flatly.

"Good luck getting him to cooperate." Monty said dryly. Taya sighed and started forward, ready for a much needed nap.

"Hey!" Raven called, hurrying after her. Taya slowed down so she could match her stride. "How is everything? How's the baby?" She asked in a low tone.

"I don't know. Hopefully alive. I've been taking the vitamins when I can." Taya sighed, looking around to make sure no one heard them.

"Okay, see that's exactly why you need to tell Clarke. I love you, and I know you're badass enough to deliver it on your own, but you don't have to okay? Let Clarke help you." Raven tried to convince her.

"We don't even know if Clarke can help us, and odds are we'll all be chipped by the end of the week anyway. I'll worry about it once I know we'll live long enough for it to be a worry." Taya shut her down. "Now if you'll excuse me, i'm exhausted and need to sleep." She said and picked up her speed, leaving behind a frowning Raven.

•••

"Taya, wake up." Raven said softly, shaking her friend awake.