fourty two | chipped

"So our home is gone?" Taya asked, her head on her hands as she sat next to the fire.

"I don't understand it, either. Something about those chips." Monty shook his head.

"Well we'll find out soon enough. Just get ready." Taya tiredly climbed to her feet. Her eyes flickered to Bellamy, remembering how much energy just one of his comforting hugs could bring her.

She shook the thought away.

"O, wait." Bellamy called as he noticed his sister who hurried to pack up her stuff. "You can't just leave."

"Watch me." Octavia snapped.

"You heard what Jasper said on the radio. Arkadia is not safe." Bellamy reminded her.

"What Jasper said sounds insane. Pike's gone. I can handle myself. Grounders burn their dead." Octavia said.

"I know that. And then what? Where are you gonna go?" Bellamy asked.

"You don't get to ask me that." Octavia snapped.

"What more do I have to do to prove that I am on your side?" Bellamy demanded.

"Bring Lincoln back." Octavia's voice echoed the pain in her eyes before brushing past him. "Turning Pike in does not make you one of the good guys, Bellamy. You did that to save me and Taya. Not because what you thought Pike was doing to the Grounders was wrong."

"The Grounders were starving us out." Bellamy argued.

"Because you massacred an army that was sent to protect us." Octavia shot back.

"That army could have attacked us at any time and you know it." Bellamy justified.

"But they didn't attack. You did that. You were hurting and you lashed out, because that's what you do. There are consequences, Bell. People get hurt. People die. Your people. Monroe's dead. Lincoln is dead." Octavia's voice cracked at the end before she turned away.

"Wait!" Taya called and hurried forward, hugging her friend. "I hope you find what you need. Just know you'll always have a place with us."

Octavia nodded and they pulled away. They shared a small, sad smile before Octavia was gone.

"They're here!" Miller called into the cave a moment later. Everyone rushed out.

"I need you help!" Jasper called, carrying Raven.

"We have to get her inside before she wakes up!" Jasper called and Taya rushed forward to help.

"Were you followed?" Bellamy asked.

"Maybe. I don't know." Jasper admitted.

"Cut the lights!" Taya ordered as they rushed inside.

"Clear some space!" Clarke called as they walked into the cave.

"What the hell happened to her?" Taya asked as she and Jasper set her down.

"I told you on the radio, Raven is not Raven anymore. None of them are." Jasper replied.

"Jaha has been chipping everyone." Sinclair said, walking in with Octavia. Taya was glad the man made it out.

"Jasper's right. I've seen it with my own eyes." Clarke confirmed.

"I don't need your help, all right?" Jasper yelled at Clarke.

"Just take it easy and explain." Bellamy coaxed, stopping the angry teenager.

"Jaha is using the chips to control everyone. You swallow it and it changes you. You forget who you are, and then you see this thing, Alie. Only, she's not really there. She made Raven slit her own wrists. She was trying to get her out of her head. I was trying to help her but..." Jasper explained, getting a little worked up again.