nine | distracted

Taya was eventually pulled out of her thoughts by yells

"Check it out!" Someone called.

"Bellamy! Taya! Get out here!" Someone else yelled. Taya shot into motion, grabbing the knife under her makeshift pillow and hurrying out.

"There!" Octavia pointed and Taya looked away from a shirtless Bellamy to where she was pointing. It a space pod of some sort.

"They're coming to help us. Now we can kick some grounder ass." Cayden grinned.

"Please tell me they brought down some shampoo." A girl said and Taya scoffed and went to give her a look but her eyes caught on Bellamy's panicky one.

...

"Okay, if it cleared the ridge, it's probably near the lake." Cayden said. Taya and Bellamy were silent, Taya was still stuck on why Bellamy was worried and Bellamy was thinking about what he was worried about.

"We should get moving. Everyone's ready." Octavia said, coming into the meeting tent.

"No ones going anywhere. Not while it's dark. It isn't safe. We'll head out at first light. Pass the word." Bellamy said sternly and a couple guys headed out to tell everyone.

"Everyone for 100 miles saw this thing come down. What if the grounders get to it first? Bell, we should go now." Octavia pressed.

"I said we wait until sunrise." Bellamy said and Taya scoffed before heading out, going to where the weapons were.

She wasn't waiting until sunrise.

"Whoa whoa whoa. What do you need ten knifes for this late?" Bellamy asked, catching her wrist.

"Well I'm hoping I won't need them but you can never be to safe going to get something your enemy also wants." She shrugged.

"No way. It's not safe." Bellamy shook his head.

"So? I can handle myself, plus worst comes to worst, you get to run this camp with one less annoying pain in the ass trying to lead it too." Taya shrugged, tucking a knife up her sleeve.

"Worst comes to worst I lose you." Bellamy said, sounding scared at the idea. Taya froze and fully faced him. "I can't lose you for some silly supplies we'll get anyway." He said softly, cupping her cheek.

"Promise me you'll stay." He begged. Taya paused before giving in and nodding. "Thank you." He said quietly and leaned in and this time Taya didn't run off and let him kiss her, it was somewhat short but certainly sweet.

They pulled away and Bellamy gave her one more lingering kiss.

"I'll let you disarm yourself and I'll see you in the morning." He smiled and Taya smiled softly as well and nodded before Bellamy walked off.