twenty four | poison

Bold writing = Trigedasleng that Taya knows

"They would have tortured him. I had to. I—I had to." Clarke sobbed as Taya silently entered the tent. Last time she was in here, she didn't hate herself.

"I had to." Clarke repeated as she hyperventilated. Abby hugged her. "What did I do?"

A grounder entered and Taya's attention shifted to him instead of on the grieving mess that was Clarke.

"The Commander is ready to talk." He announced and Taya brushed her thoughts away just like how Clarke brushed her tears away.

The Commander entered and walked past them to the throne as Indra, her distasteful second and that other man stood at either side of the throne.

"Blood has answered blood. Some on my side say that's not enough. They wanted the murderer to suffer as our tradition demands. But they do not know that your suffering will be worse. What you did tonight will haunt you until the end of your days. Still, there will be restitution. The body will be given to the people of Tondc. Murderer and murdered joined by fire. Only then can we have peace." Lexa explained.

"No. No, we've done enough. The boy should be buried by his people." Kane shook his head, stepping forward.

"Enough? We were owed the pain of 18 deaths. We were owed our righteous kill. My village deserves justice." Indra growled.

"You don't want justice. You want vengeance." Abby accused harshly.

"You have not seen my vengeance." Indra warned darkly, stepped forward threateningly.

"We'll do it. But when it's over, we talk about how to get our people out of Mount Weather. All of our people." Clarke said emotionlessly. Taya was hoping the conversation would stay on this topic and not anything Finn related.

"We want the same things, Clarke." Lexa reassured.

"Good. When do we leave?" Clarke asked.

"Now. Choose your attendants." Lexa said, rising before exiting.

"Clarke, you don't have to do this." Abby tried to comfort Clarke.

"Yes, I do. If this truce doesn't hold I killed Finn for nothing." Clarke said and left. Taya was troubled with how much Clarke seemingly had changed over night.

Taya followed after her, not sure what else to do. Clarke went over to Raven who was holding Finn's body.

"Go away." Raven's voice was shaky, but certainly angry.

"Raven, I'm sorry." Clarke apologized and Raven shot up, tears in her eyes.

"I said, go away!" She stormed up to Clarke.

"I know how hard it must be for you but I'm leaving with the Grounders and I need you to keep working on the radio." Clarke said calmly.

Raven turned around sharply as Grounders picked up Finn's body.

"What are you doing? What are you doing?" Raven demanded panically. Taya was drowning in her guilt.

"They need to take him now." Clarke held Raven back.

"Get off!" Raven shoved Clarke away from her.

"Give us a minute, please. Raven..." Clarke said softly as the Grounders did as Clarke asked.

"You agreed to this?" Raven asked, looking betrayed.

"We're taking him back to where the massacre took place. There's a death ritual. It's the only way to get our people out of Mount Weather." Clarke shook her head sadly, showing that she wasn't okay with it either.