thirty four | gone

"You shouldn't be here." Bellamy said for the hundred time as he helped her out of the rover.

"I wasn't going to let Reese come alone." Taya shrugged.

"I'm here." He shot her a displeased look.

"Fine. I just got sick of not doing shit." Taya grumbled, annoyed he was making such a big deal out of it.

It'd been a week, and furthermore, Abby had allowed her to come.

Plus, she felt fine. The fracture had basically healed and she could remember everything again.

"And anyway, you were trying to get to the summit. I had to make sure someone was with Reese if you'd gotten to go." Taya pointed out to Bellamy.

"I should be there." Bellamy complained, looking towards the rough direction of the summit.

"Ouch." Reese piped up, placing a hurt hand over her heart daintily.

"Oh, come on. You know I didn't mean it like that." Bellamy smiled easily as he ruffled her hair. Taya only wish she knew how Reese managed to get him to smile so easily.

"Limpy, you gotta make it up to us somehow." Taya grinned, using her newest nickname for him.

"Fine, what do you want?" Bellamy asked, looking between the two girls who grinned at each other before shoving their assigned bags into Bellamy's arms, planning to make him carry all three.

Bellamy sighed but shouldered them dutifully. Taya and Reese shared an accomplished high five.

"Hey, you guys, did I ever tell you how I saved Sinclair's ass on the Ark?" Raven asked as she walked over, grabbing her bag as well.

"Please don't." Octavia sighed, moving away with her own bag. Man, did Taya love having her own personal mule.

"You mean the time you went rogue on a spacewalk?" Zeke corrected.

"That depends on your definition of going rogue." Raven shrugged as they all moved to the mount weather doors.

"I just hopped on a robotic arm and aimed at the solar ray." Raven lied, causing a few chuckles at her outrageous story.

But Taya phased the two out as they entered Mount Weather, all the memories rushing back.

Taya sighed heavily. But her breath caught in her throat as they rounded the halls and looked into the cafeteria. All she could remember was the slumped over forms of everyone before.

"Welcome!" Pike greeted as he rose to his feet upon seeing the group. "Come. Join us."

Taya stayed rooted to the spot. She could never just come and sit, pretending like nothing happened.

"Someone's made themselves at home." Raven commented. Taya watched Reese hurry off to her friends.

"There must be thirty of them in here." Octavia counted.

"Thirty-six, but the more the merrier." Pike smiled.

"This is wrong." Taya mumbled to no one in particular.

"Thirty-six? Wow! The Grounders are gonna think we moved in." Octavia said, not bothering being subtle.

"Yeah, because we have." Taya's response was even less subtle.

"Well, there was no room at the inn." Pike joked, referring to Arkadia.

"And this is your option?" Octavia questioned.

"O." Bellamy cut her off, giving her a warning glance.

"I'm outta here." Octavia said, passing her stuff off.