thirty five | fury

"I need you to take her to your room. We're full here and these people are in worst conditions that her." Abby said softly, her eyes on Taya's turned figure.

Bellamy nodded, his eyes watching her fetal positioned body guiltily.

He took a deep breath to prepare himself and moved forward, rounding the bed and sinking down to Taya's eyeline which shifted into focus.

"Hey, med's full and the memorial is about to start." Bellamy said softly, his eyes flickering between hers.

"I don't want to go." Taya replied shortly. She felt too tired to put any emotion in her tone or voice.

"Please, Taya I think you need too." Bellamy pressed.

"I need Reese back." Taya's eyes swam with tears and her voice wavered. Anger shot through her. She didn't want to cry, not anymore.

Taya shot up, or at least as fast as she could with the pain.

Bellamy's hands shot out to help her struggling body before recoiling, remembering that he wasn't supposed to touch her.

Taya dragged herself to her feet, managing a small smile at the sickly woman who was waiting for the bed. The woman took the side and moved to collapse in it.

Taya didn't address Bellamy as she moved out of medical and towards their room.

"Hey, you need to go. This isn't optional." Bellamy objected, stepping in front of her and stopping her.

"Just let me go." Taya begged, her eyes finally showing just how tired she was.

"You need this." Bellamy's voice softened as he noticed the look in her eyes.

Taya looked down and nodded, realizing it would just be easier to suck it up and go then to fight him about it. She didn't have the energy to.

So she let him lead her into the room.

"All that's certain is that we die..." Pike's voice spoke as the two entered, sitting in the spots reserved for them. At the front. "How we die is up to us."

Taya already hated this.

"Who will speak for Iris Jones?" Pike asked and Miller's boyfriend stood up.

"Iris was strong. Good with a knife. She saved my life. I'm just sorry I couldn't do the same for her." He spoke before pulling out a blade and setting it on the table of objects.

"We will miss Iris. May we meet again." Pike said.

"May we meet again." Everyone mummered.

"Who will speak for Reese Lemkin?" Pike asked and Bellamy looked at Taya. Taya knew Bellamy probably should have done it, but suddenly she had the urge to. So she took the item from Bellamy and stood up.

She walked to the front.

"Reese lost her eye to oxygen deprivation. She lost her dad to it too. When the kids started doing arts and crafts, one kid made her an eye patch. To shame her, to put her down. Reese took it without batting an eye, even her bad one. She bedazzled it, her words. She made it beautiful. Then she wore it for a whole day, marching around and getting more compliments than teases. She had a way of doing that, taking the ugly and making it beautiful. Even at 9 years old I knew she had it in her to do great things. It's a loss to the world she won't grow to do them." Taya managed to keep her voice strong but her shaking hands and tears betrayed her.

However, before she got a chance to place the eye patch on the table, men stormed into the room and towards Pike.

They immediately started whispering to the man. After they finished, Pike moved to Abby and Kane to relay the information.