fourty four | the rig

"It's been an hour since we passed the airplane wreckage. Seeing as we're using a map without any distances, it could be days before we reach Luna's village." Jasper pointed out, as the Rover carried them across the unknown woods.

"At least we're know we're going in the right direction." Bellamy pointed out.

"We're running out of daylight. We should stop in the sun and recharge the battery." Jasper stressed.

"What sun?" Clarke asked, referring to the rain. "We keep going until it dies."

"We keep going until we get to Luna." Octavia corrected.

"This her?" Jasper asked, holding up a drawing of Lincoln's.

"Yes." Octavia confirmed, clearly tense about someone else having possession of his journal.

"What do you think she's gonna say when we show up asking to put an AI in her head?" No one had an answer to Jasper's question.

"Lincoln said she helps those that are in trouble. She'll help us too." Octavia said, trying to sound confident.

Suddenly, Bellamy hit the breaks, stopping in front of a fallen log.

"You think she can help us find a better map?" Jasper asked, not happy with the barrier.

"Let's backtrack. Find somewhere where the trees aren't so bad." Bellamy said, but Octavia didn't like the plan apparently as she jumped out and started moving.

"Guess we're going on foot." Clarke sighed and Taya grabbed her needed bag of supplies before hurrying after the girl.

"Anyone hear the part where I said it could be days?" Jasper asked but Octavia suddenly told them to stop.

In the distance they could hear water flowing.

"You hear that?" She asked.

"Water." Clarke nodded and they hurried forward.

"Eyes sharp, they could be hostile." Bellamy warned them.

"They're not hostile. Put the guns down!" Octavia yelled, clearly annoyed at Bellamy. Bellamy did as she wanted and they hurried forward, eventually breaking through the tree line to see what could've been an ocean or just a big lake, which one Taya didn't know.

"Where's the village?" Jasper asked, noticing the one problem. There was nothing there.

"No. No it can't be." Octavia said in dismay, the group finding nothing but stones stacked on top of each other on the water's edge.

"It isn't a village. It's just a bunch of rocks." Jasper stated the obvious as they stood in the middle of them.

"She's gone." Clarke realized, shaking her head.

"What do we do now?" Jasper asked. Once again, no one had an answer. They all turned and watched Octavia kneel at the water's edge, letting out a painful scream of frustration.

•••

"It'll be dark soon." Clarke announced, standing up as Bellamy brought in the latest bundle of firewood to Octavia and Jasper who were attempted to start a fire. "We need to talk about what we're going to do."

"We wait until first light and then we split up and search the shore in both directions." Octavia said before resuming her focus on starting the fire.

"We could always try it on Taya." Jasper shrugged.

"No. We can't do it on me anymore." Taya shook her head, not wanting to do it. It wasn't just her life on the line anymore, it was her child's too.