thirty eight | goodbyes

"Open the gate." Bellamy demanded. Taya watched from afar, but his urgency compelled her to move closer.

"Do as he says." Pike ordered. They slowly opened the gate to reveal two riders. Taya moved even closer.

"Talk." Bellamy ordered.

"We seek the one you call Pike." One said.

"Why?" Bellamy demanded.

"An army has fallen. Blood soaking the earth where he took their lives one by one." The grounder continued as a crowd formed behind them.

"Welcome to the war against Skaikru." Bellamy replied.

"Shut up. What are your terms?" Taya questioned, finally stepping forward.

"Just his life." The Grounder replied.

"My life?" Pike asked, stepping forward as well.

"Yes. You come with us, and we walk away." The Grounder confirmed.

"Walk away from what?" Pike questioned.

"By the order of the Commander, you've been surrounded by an army of the 12 clans. In every direction, warriors wait to kill anyone who attempts to cross the blockade. To greet them. As we greeted those we caught outside your walls today." The Grounder threw the bag of clothes which fell everywhere, displaying the blood.

"We left their bodies for the animals." The Grounder said.

"That's enough." Bellamy stopped him gruffly.

"Let's go." Pike said.

"They won't leave. I have seen this before." Bellamy shook his head.

"The men who wore those uniforms took a long time to die." The Grounder baited.

"Bellamy, fall back. That's an order." Pike said firmly.

"If you do not give up your leader, you will all take a long time to die." The Grounder continued.

"Bellamy." Pike repeated.

"Choose the side that is best for your people." The Grounder stressed.

"I do that every day." Bellamy replied before shooting the two men, causing Taya to flinch.

"What the hell, Bellamy? What the fuck is wrong with you!" Taya yelled, shoving him. He turned to face her, his face emotionless before he brushed past her, leaving her staring at him in shock.

Her angry eyes settled on Pike.

"You made him into this." She accused, a finger raised. "You took advantage of him and his grief."

"I did nothing. He had this in him." Pike shook his head.

"No. You took him away from me." Taya spat, her anger towards this man bubbling. "And even worse you took hundreds of people away from their family's in the name of your people." Taya's voice shook with rage at the thought off also those people who'd lost their own Bellamy's.

"The only thing you can do now to make up for it, is die for them." Taya told him, forcing her emotions back in a delivering it coldly before stalking past him and back into camp.

She made it back to her room where she finally allowed her self to close her eyes, trying to calm herself down. But, suddenly it welled up and she snapped, letting out a painful scream as she grabbed a nearby chair and threw it. But it didn't stop there.

She started grabbing everything and chucking it, overthrowing the tables, scattering her papers and ripping apart her bed. In the end she was left in the middle of her room, most things trashed or broken, even her mirror. Her eyes locked onto her own through the shattered reflection, her chest heaving as she felt her energy drain out of her.