3

"What are you doing here?"

"This time, I am not here for you."

"I don't care for what god damn reason you are here. You hear that I don't care."

"You do care, and I will get what I am here for."

"We are over, and you get that straight, don't you dare come close to me ever, and I hope I am making myself very clear."

"That is what you have always been doing, making yourself very clear, isn't it, Mrs M?"

Nyonika glared at Harshad, but he stayed unaffected and continued.

"I understand why I hate Manik so much or actually why am I jealous of him, but what I do not understand is why, why are you after your son's life?"

"And I don't understand how is that you suddenly care?" Nyonika retorted instantly.

"I still don't care, and I never will, but what amuses me is that you tried to kill Nandini just because Manik fell for her. Today, I took the bomb out, but this recklessness of yours will bring your doomsday. How am I supposed to protect you all the time? "

Nyonika tried to interject, but Harshad stopped her.

"No, you have to listen to me today. Manik could have died today only because of you. You plan out everything without even telling me, and you involve me at the end to clear the mess you have created. Is that what I am here for? There are only two people whom I really care about in this world, and unfortunately, you are one of them. Why don't you get it in your pea-sized head? "

Nyonika was confused with her thoughts and had nothing to say .her mind was filled with crap, and she did not know what she was doing. She took a deep breath and asked Harshad to leave as she needed a little time of her own.

"Harshad, I think you should leave."

He came forward and left a kiss on her forehead, and without a word, he left because he knew that she needed it and she will herself call him when she needs him.

Everything was a mess in Nyonika's life, but she was the one to be blamed. She always chooses the wrong thing to chase. She knew she was always wrong, but how could someone's feelings be wrong.  She hated Manik for something he had never done. Manik was always right that she is the worst mom that could be; indeed, she was. She never developed a motherly love for him. She blamed herself for everything wrong in her life, falling for the wrong guy, getting pregnant with his baby, giving birth to the baby, but when Manik came, she had a convenient option, to blame Manik for everything. Years passed, and she brought up Manik to be this ruthless, cold-hearted and reckless guy she was accustomed to.

Manik's dad was 15 years older than her. She was an ambitious young woman who wished to be successful, but on the way to success, she fell in love, deeply and unconditionally but very soon she realised that all that glitters is not gold. Manik's dad never had the time for her. She was in her fairy land, but he never made her his queen. They got married and had Manik, but she never received the attention she deserved. She started to harbour hostility, and when Manik was born, she was done with the loving business. She accepted that money is everything and love is an illusion. She hated Manik and his father. She had no choice but to keep Manik. Her hatred went too far. She was confused. Was money making her blind? There were so many things that were sown deep inside her soul which nobody knew of. She felt guilty and deceived both at the same time. She hated herself for punishing Manik for things he had not done, for using him, for not loving him, for leaving him alone.

Following the series of events, for the first time, all Nyonika wished for was for Manik to come back home. She wanted to see his face once to be satisfied that he was alive and was fine.