7

As soon as Aryaman pointed towards the accident spot, both the guys left the car and rushed towards the accident spot. They moved through the crowd. Dhruv's heart was beating like never before. His buddy might be in danger, this feeling made him feel sick from within, but he was determined to look for his friends. They reached the spot and were petrified; they saw a burnt car crashed upside down in front of them. Dhruv hoped that it was not Manik's Beatle, but the car looked like Manik's Beatle. His face went pale due to the fear engulfing him. "We should talk to the police."

They spotted two police officers standing at the far end making a note of something and shouting instructions at the men investigating things.

"Sir, Do you happen to know who was inside the car?" asked Aryaman to the officer. The officer looked up from his sheet and glared at the two guys for a second, then he answered, "it was empty and burnt to ashes, only the metal is left, and a few scraps and other things that had flown away. Due to impact of the blast."

"Can we have a look at the things you retrieved? Two of our friends are missing, and this seems like my friend's car, "Dhruv said, pointing towards the car."Also, do you know if they have been taken to the hospital or something? "

The officer just nodded and asked one of his men to show them the wallet, the broken Guitar and few other things they had retrieved. Just by a single glance at the items, Dhruv was sure they were of his friends. He stumbled and was about to fall, but Aryaman caught him. His eyes were wide open, and he could not speak a word. He was chilled. Looking at Dhruv's expression Aryaman was sure that Dhruv had identified the items, and they are of Manik and Cabir.

"Do you recognise them?" Asked the officer.

"Yea, yes", Dhruv said in his shaky voice, "they belong to our friends that were missing."

They were waiting there while the police did the job, and so did the media. Dhruv was just standing there, but he hoped that his friends were fine as no bodies were found and maybe they were taken to some Hospital. Soon the police officer told them that no hospital had admitted any patients from any accident, and their officers could not find anybody. The officer speculated that they were burnt with the car, but they were unsure and needed time to investigate. The officers suggested Dhruv and Aryaman go back home and let them know if they found anything. Dhruv was not ready to go, but Aryaman pulled him away as the girls were waiting for them.