15

Aryaman was sorry for Manik and Cabir's death, but he could not do anything more than what he already did. He tried to be there for FAB5, Nandini and Navya, but he could not do much. All of them had created a shell around them, and as much as he wanted to help these five people, they were unwilling to move on.

He had tried hurting them one or the other way in the past, but he was extremely ashamed of what he did. The things he got to know about his sister recently had hurt him deeply. He was dwelling in his pool of guilt. He could not stop thinking that he could have saved his sister. The pain was inevitable when he told his mother about Soha. His mother was a crying mess, and so was he. In the past few months, he had lost his sister, hurt people who were innocent and could not even apologize for his mistakes. He wanted to go back to America to his mother, to comfort her and to find himself too.

Before leaving, he decided to meet FAB5, Navya, Nandini and his father. He wanted to give a piece of his mind to his father specifically.

The next day he went to his father's office to meet him for the very last time.

"Dad", Aryaman entered his father's cabin. Mr Khurana looked up and was evidently surprised to see his son in his office.

"Aryaman, Wha, what are you doing here?" Mr Khurana cleared his voice.

"I am leaving for America, dad", Aryaman spoke in a croaky voice.

"what you did was not right ", Aryaman continued as his pitch was going a notch higher as he spoke each word " Soha would have been alive if it weren't for your social reputation, dad, whatever psychological issue she had, we could have helped her, we could have helped her, she would have been alive" Aryaman pointed at Mr Khurana accusingly.

Silence prevailed for seconds, and then Mr Khurana shouted, unable to take it anymore, "She is not dead, she is alive" This shocked Aryaman to the core. He stood there gaping at his father, unable to say another word " in that fire accident, she was burnt, but she wasn't dead. She is getting treated."

It took a while for Aryaman to process the newfound information. He was elated and was angry at his father at the same time. He asked his father for more details, and his father told him how Nyonika wanted to send her son to jail and how he complied with all her wishes as he had no other choice. By now, Aryaman's anger knew no bounds, and he spoke in a deadly voice, "so you decided not to let anyone know that Soha is alive because you had to save your hard-earned pride and you sold yourself to that woman, and the icing on the cake is that you fed the same lie to me. How could you, dad? How bloody fucking could you do that, dad?" Ayaman was breathing fast, and there were tears in his eyes. He waited for a few seconds and then spoke again, "address, give me the address, where is Soha?"

Mr Khurana gave him the address and all the required information about Soha. He did not even miss a second. He left the office hastily to the hospital's address his father gave him. He reached there in no time. He had a glorious smile on his face. After so long, he had heard a piece of good news.

He asked for his sister's room in the reception. He did not recognize his sister when he saw her, her entire body was burnt, and she was unrecognizable. He felt helpless. He sat there for an hour or two and decided that he could not leave his sister to his father. He had to do something on his own.

He decided to take Soha to America with him and get her treated there. He had a word with her doctors and was also recommended hospitals in America. He applied for all the formalities and gave the update to his parents. Mr Khurana did not react, whereas his mother was extremely happy on learning that her daughter was alive and was waiting for her children to come to her soon.

Before leaving, Aryaman had to meet FAB5, Navya and Nandini once. He met them at college the next day and told them everything that happened and what was he planning to do next.

"This was the least we could have expected from Nyonika", commented Mukti "we know how she is, so we should not be surprised with what she did. Moreover, wasn't it obvious, guys, that she was behind all this."

"You are right, Mukti, but we should be thankful that Soha is alive. Congratulation, Aryaman, "Alya said with a lazy smile.

"ya, at least someone you love is alive", added Dhruv.

To cover it up, Nandini said, " we are really happy for you Aryaman, take care of Soha and make sure she gets fine soon. We will miss you."

"I will miss you guys too" Aryaman hugged each one of them. All of them congratulated Aryaman and wished him for his future endeavours. All of them promised to stay in touch with him and meet him once Soha is well.