37

Mr Malhotra called Manik and Cabir to his office as he wanted to discuss something with the two of them. They entered and were surprised to find a worried Mr Malhotra who was frantically pacing the room.

"Dad, are you alright?" Manik asked worried

"Manik " Mr Malhotra stopped and took Manik and Cabir for a hug. He patted their backs and separated. Manik and Cabir waited for Mr Malhotra to say something.

"It was Nyonika" Mr Malhotra said. Manik and Cabir were confused.

"The accident .she was responsible. She had a bomb planted in the car and then she got it removed for some reason but the driver failed the breaks by mistake and thus the accident. The police found the driver who did this and they had him speak the truth" Mr Malhotra spoke hurriedly. Manik and Cabir were beyond shocked. They could not believe what they heard.

"Where is she?" Manik's anger was rising. He hated Nyonika but he had never expected her to do anything to physically harm him but she did and it was becoming hard for him to accept that he was her son.

"She is in some meditation retreat. She has left everything behind" Mr Malhotra clarified. "But you don't worry I will make sure she suffers for what she did to you .I will never forgive her" Mr Malhotra had teardrops in his eyes. He was scared for Manik. He could not believe that the woman he once loved tried to kill her own son. He was ashamed. Mr Malhotra took Manik for a tight hug to let him know that his father was always by his side.

The three of them reached the apartment and none of them spoke a word. They were not in a state to discuss anything. They instantly retreated to their rooms. At night Cabir was concerned for Manik and wanted to check that he hadn't done anything wrong. He went to Manik's room and found him sitting still on the floor. He went and sat by his side, Manik turned to find Cabir by his side. He instantly hugged Cabir like a teddy and started sobbing. Cabir patted his back and said nothing. FAB5 had learnt it the hard way that the world is cruel and they only broke in front of each other and no one else. Together they had seen so many things that their bond was unbreakable. They were all strong pillars for each other. Manik tried to explain himself that he anyways hated Nyonika so much but something deep inside him still hurt him. Whenever he saw other mothers with their sons, something irked him. He craved for the sort of love only mothers can give.

The next morning, Manik came down for breakfast. Cabir and Mr Malhotra were relieved to see that he was alright.

"Manik" Mr Malhotra tried to start a conversation.

"Dad now that we know it was Nyonika and knowing that she is not in Mumbai. Now can we go back to Mumbai? It has been so long that I saw everybody "Manik spoke normally.

"Yes you sure can but Manik are you fine?" Mr Malhotra asked concerned.

"Yes dad. I am absolutely fine. We shouldn't be surprised by what Nyonika did. The good thing is that Cabir and I are healthy." Manik affirmed

"I am glad. I will make arrangements for our travel back to Mumbai. You guys can inform your friends about your where about now that we are sure that there is no threat." Mr Malhotra suggested

"Nooo" Manik and Cabir shouted together.

"I mean. I want to see their shocked faces after they see us return from dead" Cabir explained

"Exactly, we have waited for so long. A day or two should not matter much"

"Alright that is your choice. Your terms of two months ends tomorrow .so shall I book the tickets for tomorrow"

"That will be perfect dad .Thank you"

Even though the fact Nyonika did it disturbed Manik, he was relieved that it was not some big business rivalry or anything of that sort that could potentially hurt his love ones. He was super exited to go back to his Nandini and his friends.

Whereas Cabir had mixed feelings. He wanted to go back but he also wanted to stay back. The time he spent with Neel was invaluable but his mother and friends were important too.