10

Nyonika was disturbed and was waiting to hear from Manik but she never did. She tried to occupy herself with work but nothing was helping, she was feeling uneasy and restless. Guilt was killing her but she could do nothing but wait after a while she received the call from the police station informing her about the accident. Saying that she was shocked would be an understatement. The thought that something has happened to Manik was frustrating her. She quickly left for the police station and found everybody else already present.

Nandini was crying uncontrollably while Navya was trying to pacify her while she herself had tears in her eyes. Dhruv, Alya and Mukti were trying to argue with the officer while Aryaman was trying to control them. Mukti was actually clearly shouting at the officer and all of them had tears in their eyes. 

Nyonika reached there and tried to understand what was happening. She asked all of them to stop and surprisingly they did, then she turned to the officer and asked him to explain.  The officer told her that Manik and Cabir were dead. She could not control her anger."Do you even know what you are talking? Have you gone mad?"

"No ma'am, it is the truth. We have proof .we found their bodies at a distance, they were completely burnt" The officer fed them the lie he was told to pass on.

Days passed by, they demanded further investigation but in vain. It was stated that it was clearly an accident and that the brakes failed which led to the accident. It was hard for all of them to accept the truth but now everything had changed, changed for the worse or for the good only time could tell.