13

"I can't take it anymore, uhhhhhhhhh was it because of me, tell me, did I kill them, was it because of me?" Nyonika asked in her crocked voice. She was wailing and trying to speak at the same time.

"No it isn't, it was an accident. It was unfortunate and you did not do it. You never intended to kill Manik and Cabir" Harshed tried to pacify Nyonika. He was holding her and patting her to make her feel better. It was often that Nyonika would start crying thinking about Manik and felling guilty. In all this Harshad was there to always hold her so she does not fall. It hurt him to see such a strong and hot headed women break down into shredded pieces.

Their relationship had improved since the accident. Nyonika was much more expressive now, she expressed what she felt but another consequence was her sudden outbursts which were a little hard to handle. She was a selfish woman and Harshad was no less but these two were good together, they were better than when they were not together and treated their relationship as a mistake. Both of them had accepted that they needed each other. Yes there was an age gap but does this heart understand age, it just knows how to love, it does not care whom he loves. Earlier Nyonika was scared of Manik and was ashamed of her feelings but gradually she realized that she could do nothing about it and she accepted her feelings and so did Harshad.

Out of the blue a few days back Mr Malhotra had sent her divorce papers and she signed them without any hesitation for she too wanted to free herself from this marriage which was nothing but toxic for her but what surprised her was the fact that Mr Malhotra did not react to Manik's death the way she expected him to. She was scared of his reaction but he did not even fly to Mumbai to know anything about the accident . He simply accepted what he was told which was not his usual behavior towards Manik but she cared less.

"Harshad , I need to clear my head , I need to refresh my soul and find myself . It feels as if I am lost. These days I don't even know what I am doing. It hurts a lot, I never wished for this to happen" Nyonika kept on blabbering while Harshad was listening patiently but suddenly she mentioned" I want to go for Vipassana"

"Wait what, are you crazy? You are not doing anything of that sort"

"But I am not asking you, I am telling you and I am doing it. There is no other way, I have been thinking about it for a while now. You only see yourself clearly in the water when the water is still."

"if you have made your mind then I won't stop you but I hope you know that you are not allowed to utter even a single word there and" he looks at her from top to bottom and mocks "can you survive without shouting at someone at least once a day" after a long time Nyonika smiled a little and threw a pillow at Harshad which was followed by a fun pillow fight by the end of which both of them were panting, trying to breath and laughing.

A few days later Nyonika left the college's trusteeship and left for Vipassana for three months and Harshad accompanied her there as he did not want to leave her alone. Harshad wanted to be with his sister as well but he knew that FAB5 was always a better family for her than him. Yes, he wanted to be with Nyonika but also he wanted to be with himself, to introspect and retrospect of his doings, their impact.

He was a villain of other people's story all his life. He was a kid when his parents died but he had Manik and Dhruv as his best friends, they were the Band of brothers .He spoiled his friendship with them in the most disgusting way possible, he tried to hurt both Manik and Dhruv countless times especially Manik. He was jealous of Manik, he thought Manik always got the best and he got nothing, he was jealous of Manik for being a person with a golden heart, being loved by everyone, being the guy he always wanted to be but never had the courage to be. He did not know how to love and care for people the way Manik did. He too wanted to have a thick friendship like that of FAB5 , be everybody's favorite, be someone's Knight and shining Armour. In the process of envying Manik he lost himself and gave in to the wrong temptations so much so that he did not even saw his sister.

There is always a reason to why we become who we are .It is this play of emotions that changes everything maybe for good or bad, that depends. Some situations change the way we look at life, change what we think and suddenly we are not what we used to be. Manik and Cabir's death acted as a catalyst to the life equations these two individuals were trying to solve.