16

After the accident she went crazy, she did not believe that Manik and Cabir were dead. She visited the police station everyday to rectify, to demand deeper investigation but nobody heard her plead. In her heart she knew something was fishy but as days passed by and the news was affirmed she had no choice but to accept the truth but she did not want to accept it at all.

When life throws a punch at you, you stand tall and face it but what will you do if you just can't stand tall, if you are tired of standing tall and you can't do it anymore. Similar was the situation with Nandini, she wished that she could gather courage but she couldn't. Everybody tried to help her but nothing worked, it was as if the walls were suffocating her, memories were killing her.

It was almost three weeks after the accident, Aryaman had already left when Nandini made a decision and was determined to tell her friends about it. She called all her friends to college and asked them to meet her at the FAB 5 jam room.

According to Nandini's instruction everybody was waiting for her in the jam room, clueless.

"Guys, what could it be?" Alya spoke first.

"Navya do you know? Did she tell you anything?" asked Mukti.

" I don't know Mukti , these days Nandini is nothing like how she used to be , she has changed,  I tried to make her talk but she didn't .She does not want to share anything with anyone .it's as if she has closed all doors reaching her" Navya expressed her helplessness

Navya, Alya ,Mukti and Dhruv were gathered in the jam room waiting for Nandini to come and break the news to them.

After a while Nandini entered the jam room. "Hey guys" Nandini greeted everybody in a low tone. She looked different, her hair were braided ,not like how Manik liked them to be , her ears and hands were naked ,void of any junk jewellery and her eyes did not shine, her spark and chubbiness was missing.

Everybody stood up and hugged her and passed pleasantries, Nandini responded in monosyllables.

"So what is that you have to tell us Nandini ?" Mukti asked Nandini in a gentle voice. Suddenly everybody was attentive.

" Guys I have decided to go back to Mnaglore " Nandini said in a flat voice "before you guys ask any questions let me explain " Nandini took a deep breath and continued " Mumbai is filled with memories of both Manik and Cabir and it is hurting, I tried ,trust me I tried a lot but nothing is working "

"But why Manglore Nandini? "Asked Alya

Nandini responded instantly "Alya when my mom and dad died in the accident, I was in a dark place and only Amms had a solution. I am hoping that she could help me, anyways music is not helping this time"

"Nandini are you sure this is the reason or are you trying to escape" Mukti asked bluntly.

Nandini knew it was true that she just wanted to escape the reality and run away .she wanted to go to Manglore so that she leave everything behind because for the first time she saw her hope lose in front of her eyes. She was broken and did not wish to gather her pieces this time, she wanted to be left alone.

"No Mukti, I just want to move on" Nandini lied "I will complete my degree from any college in Manglore and I promise I will be back in no time"

All of them were reluctant at frst but then saw this as the only solution so they agreed.

Navya and Chachi helped Nandini pack and the next day Nandini and Rishabh left for Manglore . Chachi and Chacha were not happy with the decision as they were habitual of having Rishabh and Nandini around but agreed as they wanted to support the kids no matter what.

Before leaving Nandini took details of the doctor Dhruv had suggested for Rishabh to get him treated.