17

It was nearly the end of the 8th month for Navya's pregnancy which was not very easy for her. She was struggling, there were many complications due to teenage pregnancy. Although she had all the support from Cabir's mom and her friends but it was not enough. A pregnant woman suffers from constant mood swings and just like every other woman she too craved for being loved and pampered by her man but she had no man. Moreover she always tried to keep a check on her behaviour as she did not want to be a burden on anybody and wanted it to be a smooth process but it does not work the way we wish for things to work. She caged all her feelings in her heart and tried to be as jolly as possible for everybody else.

She had taken a leave from college for a month until the delivery and she always had someone or the other by her side all the time except Nandini, her best friend. She missed Nandini a lot, her smile, her laughter, her assuring actions but she understood that Nandini needed the time and space to recover from the happenings of the accident. Sometimes even the bravest hearts fail to fight unexpected battles.

Navya was lying on the couch reading a book on pregnancy and Cabir's mom was out to get grocery from a nearby market when the bell rang. Navya was slow to reach the door but the ringer had no patience as he rang the bell continuously. Frustrated Navya was about to lash on the guest but when she saw the face, she could not move from her place and all she did was gape at the guy widely. After a moment of silence, she managed a single word "Cabir"

"No you got it wrong, I am "but Navya did not let him complete and instantly jumped on him for a tight hug. The guy did not move and was standing shocked as to what was happening. He had come to meet his mother, to console her as he recently got to know of his brother's accident. He would have come earlier but he was on a trek and had no phone. As soon as he got the news, he rushed to his mother's aid. He got the most unexpected welcome, he might have got the address wrong but that was not possible. He felt his shirt getting wet; he instantly pulled Navya away from him. He was confused as to why maybe a pregnant lady was crying thinking of him as Cabir, considering Cabir was gay. Moreover why was the lady at his mother's place?

"Listen I am Ranbir, Cabir's twin brother" Ranbir tried to explain to Navya but seemed like she was not ready to take anything.

"I know Cabir this is another silly joke of yours, I just know you too well to not get fooled by any of your tricks anymore ' Navya was speaking very fast as if her life depended on it and she was grinning widely while talking. Suddenly her expressions changed "Manik, Manik where is he? Is he fine?" Ranbir tried to calm her and make her believe that he was not Cabir but her endless questions continued until Cabir's mom came.

In a second she understood who was standing at her door.

"What are you doing here?" asked Cabir's mom with an expressionless face.

"Aunty See our Cabir is back, he is back" Nayva tried to assure Cabir's mom.

"No Navya, he is not, I know my sons very well. He is Ranbir, Cabir's twin brother"

"Mom" Ranbir had a tear drop in his eyes and he immediately hugged his mother. "I missed you so much mom."

Cabir's mom instantly pushed him away from him."I just have one son and he died in the car accident, you are your father's son, not mine" saying that she pushed the door to get inside.

Navya did not know what to do, she was clueless. All her hope that Cabir was alive came crashing down instead just out of the blue she got to know that Cabir had a brother ,he never talked about him.

"Mom Mom please let me in, I came for you "

"In 15 years you realised you have a mother and you have to be there for her"

"No mom, until now Cabir was there for you but now he is not, it was not my decision to stay away from you mom, you guys decided this for us we didn't" Ranbir said in a brittle voice.

Mrs Dhawan wanted nothing more than to hug her son. In reality she was on seventh heaven to see her other son in front of her. All those years she had only waited for him. She could not hold herself back anymore, she hugged him tight and Ranbir reciprocated instantly. It was after so long that they were meeting each other. Mrs Dhawan welcomed him inside the house. She told him about Cabir's accident and Navya while he sat patiently and heard her. Navya left the mother and son alone, she went to another room and slept.