45

"Dad, we will be landing in 30 minutes. Could you please arrange for a car to pick us up?  Also, I have asked Mukesh to take a flight to Chennai and get my car if that's okay."

"Yeah, it's fine, and I will send the car, but Manik, will you please care to explain why were you in Chennai? You went for Nandini. What is happening, son?"

"Dad, I will explain everything to you when we reach. For now, I got to go. Bye," Manik said softly and cut the call. He messaged Cabir that they were reaching, hoping that he reads it after waking up.

Manik checked his watch. It was 3:35 in the morning, almost everybody on board was asleep, but he was not sleepy. He inhaled a bout of air and relaxed. He turned slightly and saw Nandini sleeping beside him peacefully, resting her head on his shoulder. How serene and rewarding was this moment. It was the kind of moment he had yearned for in the past three months. He gently caressed Nandni's face and tucked the lock of hair behind her ear that was disturbing his view. He was jovial, but one thought kept bothering him. The state he found Nandini in concerned him more than it should. He did not show it, but he was deeply concerned and angry. He wanted to berate Nandini for doing this to herself; he would have definitely done that if it was not for his love. He could never lash out at Nandini. He knew how scared she was of his anger, and it was only for her that he kept his anger under check.  He did not realise that Nandini would fall weak. Weird thoughts kept crossing his mind. Thoughts like what would happen the day when he dies, would Nandini be able to live without him, would he ever be able to live without her and FAB5. Manik always thought that he had everything in control, but lately, life had been proving him wrong.

At nearly 4, the flight landed, and Manik woke everybody. After taking their luggage from the carousel, they headed for the exit where the car Mr Malhotra had sent, was waiting for them. Once in the car, Manik tried calling Cabir and Alya, but none of them picked the call. Nandini called Amms and informed her that she had reached safely. Mukti tried calling Ranbir, but he did not pick her calls either. All of them headed towards the Malhotra mansion as no one was picking the calls.

"Dad, we are home", Manik shouted as he entered and found the entire house dwelling in darkness. The others followed, trying to figure out the way.

"Surprise", the house lit up, and Manik, Nandini, Rishabh, Dhruv and Mukti were shocked. They looked around and found the entire group ganged up in the living room with Mr Malhotra. Hugs, kisses, smiles and cries are what followed. The entire group was together after such a long time. It was a moment to cherish forever. The FAB5 were back together, Navya and Nandini met and embraced each other, Ranbir met Manik and was especially pleased to meet Nandini as he met her for the first time. It was like a reunion of hearts and souls. Everything seemed so perfect at that moment, and nothing else mattered. It was early morning, but none of them wanted to sleep; the moment kept them awake.

There were a lot of things that were to be sorted. Mr Malhotra had taken care of the disappearance case, and he had cleared all records. He had also found Nyonika but was waiting for Manik to return. Now, they were left to decide what they wanted to do with Nyonika. Manik decided that he would personally go and meet her, Nandini wanted to join him, but he refused. To him, he had to face this himself and get done with it. He wanted to relieve himself from the burden. Also, Chacha Chachi did not know that Manik and Cabir were alive and that Nandini and Rishabh were back. Manik also had to sort Rishabh's treatment in Mumbai and Nandini's transfer. Navya had to make decisions regarding Abeer's future and what she wanted to continue with.