Chapter 3

can you hear me?
im trying to hear you
silence strikes like a hurricane
- Take What You Want, One Ok Rock ft. 5SOS

Just a few hours ago, Hyunjin and I got back from the coffee shop. I've been in my room ever since. I saw no point in going out, anyways. I just sat on my bed, watching One Ok Rock videos. “Take what you want, take what you want and go..” I sang along.

But the loud growling of my stomach caused me to pause the Lyric video. I groaned, knowing that I'd have to go  downstairs to get something to eat. Slowly, I got off of my bed and walked to door, unlocking it before walking down corridor and down the stairs. I entered the kitchen, it was empty. I went to the fridge and opened it. I saw a box of poptarts I put in the fridge the day before and immediately grabbed two packs, putting two in the toaster i spotted on the counter and grabbed a plate.

After munching on my cherry poptarts, I washed the plate and was about to leave when all five of my roommates entered the kitchen talking about something that I wasn’t paying attention to. “Oh, hey, Syd.” I heard Changbin say. I faced him with a smile.

“Hey.” I said, the others greeting me afterwards.

“We were just talking about the dance group. We are going to learn a new dance for a competition we have in a month.” Hyunjin informed me.

“Oh yeah, we have practice tomorrow, by the way.” Minho added, taking a seat at the island next to me.

Felix nodded. “And Chan is taking us out to dinner this evening around seven to get to know you better.” He said.

Sh*t, people.

A few hours later, it was half-past six and I was getting ready. I shrugged as I looked at my final outcome.

A black coat with a plain, black shirt and lonh, blue jeans and a pair of black and white All-Stars.

“Sydney, are you ready yet?” I heard Felix call from the other side of my door.

“Yes!” I yelled back as I walked to the door. I opened it and he greeted me with a beautiful smile-- Sydney, what are you even saying? I mentally scold myself as he raised an eyebrow at me.

Who you trying to impress?” He asked in English, his Australian accent coming out out clearly.

I raised an eyebrow at him. “No one. You’re Australian?” I asked, in English also.

Felix chuckled. “Yeah.” He answered in a low tone.

I've only been here for what? One day, and I'm already missing speaking English,” I admitted with a sigh.

Felix hummed. “Well, I guess we can make it our thing, then.” He said with a small smile, which, surprisingly, gave me some soft of comfort.

I’d like that.” I said, shooting him a full smile, to which he gasped at.

He lifted a hand to his chest. “Did Miss Sydney just smile at me? Fully?” He asked dramatically.

I laughed at him. “Yes, she did. Now, let’s go.” I hooked my arm with his, feeling a something electric-like shoot up my arm at the touch. I could feel him staring at me as we walked down the corridor, which caused me to be embarrassed. I looked at him and smiled, catching him off guard.

He looked away with a small cough, while I smiled at his shyness. “You’re so cute.” I mumbled out loud accidentally, while admiring his many freckles.