Chapter 46

My mind is foggy, I'm so confused
— Legends, Juice WRLD

Sydney

"You made up?" I asked when he came back into the room.

"Yup."

"Why didn't you tell me about my father, Lix?"

Felix sighed and sat down.

"I was going to, but I didn't know how. Syd, I thought you were going to hate me...and you did-"

"I don't hate you, Lix. I was just really upset. Really, really upset and hurt. I thought you hurt me on purpose."

He grabbed my hands and looked at me sincerely. "Syd, you know I could never hurt you on purpose. I love you, okay?"

I pursed my lips, feeling my eyes tear up. "I love you, too, Lix."

He engulfed me in a warm hug.

"I would never go through all of the trouble to get you if I didn't," he told me, kissing my forehead.

I sighed and pulled away from the hug.

"How's your wrist?" He asked.

"It's okay. Doing worse than it was, actually, but that was expected."

"I'm sorry. That man is a psychopath. I'm even bothering to call my father anymore."

Sydney looked up at Felix, concerned. "Lix, I'm so sorry—"

Felix cut me off. "No, no. Don't be sorry. I should be sorry."

"It's okay. Not your fault. You didn't choose any of this. You actually tried to protect me like the other guys. I'm so grateful for all of you. I'm sorry I didn't listen."

He smiled softly and almost opened his mouth to speak, but Jisung opened the door suddenly, causing both to jump.

"Sorry to interrupt, love birds, but we're leaving now!" He announced.

"Where are we going?" I asked when Jisung left.

"To see Chan," Felix said with a bright smile.

"Oh, good!"

I took up my phone from next to me and called Jeongin.

"Syd?"

"Hey!"

"How are you?" He asked.

"Tired and in pain, but good. What about you?"

"Extremely tired. When are you guys coming back?"

"Now!"

"Really?"

"Yep! Any updates on Chan?" I asked hopefully.

"Nothing yet, but I hope he'll wake up soon."

"Really, nothing?"

"Nothing, but when he does wake up, i can finally sleep!"

"Don't worry, Innie," I chuckled, smiling at him- well, the screen that showed his face. "Soon- even though you should've been sleeping either way."

"I was too worried to sleep."

"I can see it on your face."

"Yeah, well-" he cut himself off with a yawn. "I'll talk to you when you get here. Do you remember anything yet?"