Chapter 28

Pictures in my mind on replay
I'm gonna touch the paint away
I know how to scream my own name
— love myself, Hailee Steinfeld

Sydney

A week later, after taking the medication for my wrist, I sat the island, eating my cereal. Jisung came in rubbing his eyes, Woojin trailing behind him.

"You woke up early." Jisung mumbled, grabbing my spoon and dipping it into my cereal.

"Yep. And, you were sleeping heavily." I said with a small laugh, not even minding that he ate some of my cereal. Usually, I would, but he just reminds me of the little brother I never had. Him and Chan. Those two are the closest to me in this house.

He shrugged and ate the cereal before he put my spoon back and went to get his own cereal.

"You two seem really close," Woojin said, going to make his breakfast.

"Yeah." Jisung and I said unison, not really thinking about it afterwards.

The kitchen was silent as we all did our own thing until the other three walked in.

"Good morning, guys." Chan said cheerfully.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Wassup, Sunshine?"

He laughed and walked over to me, since I was close, leaning down to kiss my forehead before he skipped over to everyone else and did it. He then skipped counter and grabbed some onion from he fridge and began them cutting up.

Woojin stared at him as everyone else did. "Chan, are you okay?"

"Of course." He said, smiling brightly.

As cute as he was being, I still wondered if he got some drugs slipped in his lunch or something.

"Then why are you so happy?" Asked Seungmin.

Chan shrugged. "I just am. How's your wrist?"

"Its been a week and two days. Im dreading these next few months." I said, speaking truthfully.

"Don't worry, we'll be here always." Jisung said as he sat next to me on the island stool.

I gave him a smile before finishing up my cereal. I stood up and washed the bowl before walking into the spare room and grabbing clothes. I headed to the bathroom inside and showered before dressing. I grabbed a brush before brushing my hair. I wanted to do something different with it today. Maybe braid it?

I was interrupted by a knock. I walked out and into the bedroom before opening the door.

"Just wanted to let you know that well be heading out at three. You included, we're all going to an arcade and then getting some food." Chan said.

"Ah, okay. Chan can you help me with this cast..and my hair?"

He nodded and I stpped back, allowing him to walk in. He waked in the bathroom and ca back out with the first aid kit. He helped me change the cast since I got it a bit wet. Then he put it back. "What do you want do with your hair?"

He seemed much more relaxed than earlier. I decided against asking about it.

"I dont know... I was thinking about heading over to a salon or something." I laughed nervously and unsure.

"Maybe..blue and black braids? Like Ursala's daughter's hair- blue" He suggested, running a comb through my long, black hair.

I thought about it. "Not bad."