Chapter 41

Will you stay by my side
Will you promise me
If I let go of your hand, you'll fly away and break
I'm scared scared scared of that
— Butterfly, BTS

"I feel like someone should stay with Chan," Felix voiced his anxiety in the waiting room. "What if he wakes up and lost his memory or something."

Hyunjin sighed. "You're right." He glanced at the aforementioned boy through the glass.

"Jeongin," Minho suddenly announced. "Let him stay."

Said boy frowned at this statement. "I can handle myself, you know." He said sternly.

Minho smiled slightly. "I know you can. But right now, Chan needs at least one of us here."

The youngest sighed and nodded. "Fine," he slouched back in seat and grumbled.

The doctor suddenly walked out making Changbin stand up. "You can see Mr. Bang now." He announced. The boys quickly stood up and headed inside of the boy's room. Felix quickly takes hold of his hand. "Don't lose hope, Channie. Pull through this, fight this. For us, for Sydney, for yourself."

"It's good to talk to him," said the doctor, Mr. Rhodes, "He can hear you, so speaking positively and giving him a motiveㅡ or motives can actually help him wake up." The man spoke and Felix translated since Jeongin's English wasn't as good as the others'.

(A/N: I'm not sure if this is true but in movies they say it is)

"So, basically, it's up to us?" Jeongin asked, looking at the man, Felix translating afterwards.

The doctor gave a tight smile. "In a way, but it's mostly up to Mr. Bang, if you continue to speak to him like that, he might actually keep fighting if he really wants this life back. Hopefully, he'll keep fighting and wake up soon." Mr. Rhodes explained before looking at Felix to translate, which he did. "Please call me or one of the nurses or doctors around if something goes wrong, I'll step out now." The man walked out and left the eight boys in silence.

"Channie," Seungmin began, "We all miss you. You have to come back soon. We think we found Sydney's location, we promise we'll save her and bring her back. Then you guys can see each other again, we know how close you two are."

"Yeah, we'll leave Jackson tomorrow, go back to Korea and get her back. Jeongin will stay with you just in case, though." Hyunjin picked up where Seungmin left off.

"But you have to be here to see her. Don't die on us, Chris," Woojin added.

"Come back to us," Felix finished.

Jisung stepped out of the taxi, sucking in the air. "After weeks, we're back." He exclaimed, letting the air out through his mouth.

Hyunjin patted his back. "A bit excited, are we?"

"Let's just start walking and then we can finally get to the house and get some well-deserved sleep for what we're gonna do tomorrow." Woojin instructed.

"Yes, temporary-leader." Seungmin said, yawning.

Unfortunately, that night, Felix couldn't sleep. He kept thinking about her. He remembered what the guys told him that she said.

"Felix deserves better than this. he deserves a happy family and a happy life and if I have to sacrifice myself just so he can have all that, then, sure."

She...sacrificed herself...for me, he thought, reaching for his phone. He couldn't wait until the next day to get her back.

He wanted her back now.

He wanted nothing more but to kiss and hug her, tell her everything would be alright, he wanted to protect her from the darkness.

He dialed a number quickly and called it.

"Why are you calling my phone?"

"You know why," the younger replied monotonously.

"Do I, Felix? Do I?"

"I need your help."

"You're lucky that you're one of my best friends." Felix could just hear the eyeroll.

"Thank you, Sammy."

"Mhm, just text me the details."

"'Kay." He hung up and began typing away on his phone. Just as he pressed the send button, his phone began to ring. He glared at the ID.

"What?"

"Why do you sound so angry oh wait, it's because I kidnapped your little 'friend', right?"

"Why?! You shot and killed her dad, isn't that payment enough?" 

"It was," The man stated clearly. "Until I heard that his daughter came back to Korea I was going to leave her alone. I was. Until you two started dating. Any family of mine shouldn't have any relationships with those that are family of or are my enemies."

"What kind of excuse is that?!"

The man chuckled. "See you when I see you, son."

"Wait!"

And so, the elder did. "What?"

"What did you do to her? Where is she?"

"She's...alive, breathing. Not completely dead yet. And son, why would I tell you where she is?"

The younger hung up and threw his phone across the room. Thankfully, it didn't crack too much.

"Psycho."

Unedited