Chapter 39

From the day I lost you, the time froze
I don't feel like doing anything now, I'm frozen in place
— Bad Habits, SHAUN

Sydney

"Come on, I think he knows that you're not in Korea anymore." Chan rushed, pulling me back inside.

"W-What? What about Felix, Chan?"

"Syd, lets just go back and then we'll deal with it." Chan said.

I sighed and obeyed him. The boys all sat in a circle in mine and Hyunjin's room and I was pacing stressfully. "What are we going to do?" I asked aloud.

"I don't know..."

"We should go back to Korea." Seungmin suddenly said.

Hyunjin's eyes widened but soon returned to their normal size. "Not...a bad idea."

I sighed and closed my eyes. "I have to talk to him."

"Sydney, I don't think that's such a good idea." Chan muttered.

I stopped pacing and looked at him. "Chan, you know I have to."

"Syd, you don't have to do anythingㅡ"

"I will." I cut him off and grabbed my phone, unlocking it. I dialed Felix's number and almost pressed 'call' when the glass of the window shattered around me, pieces flying everywhere.

We all stared horrified when suddenly the door flew open and in walked three men, their mouths covered by black cloths. "The girl now." One of them said, looking at me.

"You work for Ivan, don't you?" Chan asked, casting a glare on the three as he stepped in front of us.

From what I remember, Ivan is Lix's dad. Sheet--

The man in the middle tilted his head. "You know the answer to that already. He wants her dead."

I bit back a gasp and closed my eyes shortly. "Would he really kill his own son if I don't...sacrifice myself?" I asked softly, opening my eyes.

The man nodded once and I sighed. I knew what I had to do.

As if reading my mind, the guys yelled out in unison, "No!"

I turned to them. "I have to."

"Sydㅡ"

"Hyunjin, Felix deserves better than this. he deserves a happy family and a happy life and if I have to sacrifice myself just so he can have all that, then, sure." I said before pursing my lips. The guys stared at me, they were speechless.

"Glad we've come to a decision." The man in the middle stated before lifting his hand to reveal a gun and aiming it at Chan. My eyes widened and it was like it was all in slow-motion. He fired the gun and as if I was The Flash, I pushed him, hurting my wrist, causing him to fall and hit his head on the hard part of the bed and fall unconscious. "Shoot, Chan!" I yelled, rushing to his side as the other guys began to fight off the three men.

"Chan," I shook his body slightly. "Chan, wake up."

I realised tears falling and quickly wiped them away from my face. I called an emergency number quickly before I suddenly felt my hands being pulled behind my back and I was being dragged away by one of the men. Sh*t, my wrist.

"Sydney!" ㅡ Was the last thing I heard before I felt something being stabbed into my leg and I was passed out.

Felix

Minho tapped me, a look of mixed sympathy and anger on his face. "What?" I asked him.

"It's Hyunjin." He lifted his phone to show me that he was on a call with him.

I sighed and took the phone. I haven't spoken to him since they left.

"Felix?"

"Yes?"

"It's Sydney."

I sat up on the couch. "What about Sydney?"

"She's gone."

I jolted up as I couldn't believe what I had just heard. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'GONE'?!"

"I MEAN YOUR FATHER'S STUPID BLACK-CLOTHED NINJAS CAME IN, SHOT AT CHAN BUT THEN SHE PUSHED HIM AWAY AND HE HIT HIS HEAD AND IS NOW IN A COMA. WHILE SHE WAS TRYING TO CHECK ON HIM, THEY TOOK HER!"

"WHAT?!"

Okay, Felix. Calm down. All you have to do is find out where they are taking her and get her back.

"Are you guys still in Jackson?"

"How did you knowㅡ"

"Lucky guess."

"Yes, we are. We're coming back as soon as Chan wakes up."

"Which will be?!"

"I don't know, okay?!"

I sighed loudly. "Can you get him transferred over here?"

"Instead of going through all that, you can get a plane up here," Hyunjin muttered.

"True. The guys and I over here will form a plan or something."

"Got it." He hung up.

I sighed as I felt Minho rub my shoulder comfortingly. "This is my fault, Hyung." I muttered. "All of it is."

(A/N: don't forget to vote and comment)

Unedited