Chapter 44

Take in this moment
Feel it against your skin
And catch me with open arms
— Chemistry, SHINee

Sydney

"About?"

"You, me, us."

"I don't think there's anything to talk about."

"Yes, there is! You just kissed me, damnit!"

Taken aback by his yell, Sydney flinched. She did not expect that, at all. Felix stood up from his place.

"I-I'm sorry for scaring you, but after you remember everything, I hope you will forgive me. Syd, you're here because my dad got to you." She gasped. "He beat you up and when we finally found you, he grabbed me and made me watch!"

"How long did you think you could run from me, huh?" 

She remembered Ivan saying that. But wasn't that a dream?

"When I finally got to you, you were knocked out, I thought I'd lost you forever. Sydney, when I first got into that cell that he kept you locked in, you were happy to see me! You gave me hope for us again, because, yes, I still love you and I'll tell you a thousand times again. It feels like I'm being ripped apart, every time we're apart!"

Sydney pursed her lips and looked down. She didn't know how much she needed those words. "Look at me when I'm talking to you, Sydney."

She looked into his eyes. "Are you mad at me?" He asked in a gentler tone.

"No..." Silence. "Are you mad at me?"

"Of course not, I get you're going through a lot, but how many times do I have to apologise, do I have to prove how much I love you? I will if I have to."

Sydney sighed. "I'm sorry," she said. "This is my fault in a way. If only I listened to you and I stayed, no one would be here."

"I get it," Felix sighed and wrapped his arms around her. She buried her face in his chest as her arms encircled his waist.

"What does this mean for us?" She asked in a soft tone.

"What do you want it to mean for us?" The boy pulled away and looked at her.

"Can we start over?"

Okay, Felix didn't expect that. So he was shocked for a few seconds, not saying anything. Sydney face blanked. "I-I'm sorry, baby steps."

"No! I would love to start over, Syd."

Two wide smiles. Sydney leaned in and connected their lips, Felix kissed back. He pulled away after a few seconds. "Baby steps." He reminded.

The girl laughed and nodded. "Definitely."

"Now do you wanna know what happened to Chan?"

"Yes."

Felix unlocked his phone and tapped a few times before Jeongin's face popped up on the screen.

"Hey, Yaennie."

He looked tired. "Hi...how's Sydney?"

"Ask her yourself." Felix said before handing the phone to said girl.

She smiled and took it. "Hey,"

"Syd! Are you okay?"

"I'm okay," She said. "How are you?"

"Tired and drained."

"Why so?"

"Chan still hasn't woken up."

"Huh?"

Jeongin looked at her with furrowed eyebrows and Felix took the phone back, explaining her condition.

"Oh...so you don't know..."

"Don't know what?"

"Chan...he's...he's in a coma."

"Wh-What?"

The phone slipped from her hands but Felix caught it in time. "Wh-What happened?"

"Uh...maybe you'd want to talk to Hyunjin or Jisung about that."

"Wh-Why? Can I see him?"

Jeongin nodded and switched the camera so that it showed Chan instead of him. That's when she broke down crying. She covered her mouth, muffling her sobs as Felix rubbed her shoulder comfortingly. "H-How long?"

"A week or so.."

Chan looked paler than usual, he looked so lifeless. "I gotta go but I'll talk to you guys later."

"Bye."

"B-Bye."

They hung up.

Felix shoved his phone in his pocket. "C-Call Hyunjin."

Felix nodded and walked out of the room. Not before placing a kiss on her forehead. "This isn't your fault," He said before completely leaving.

A few seconds later, Hyunjin walked in, a sad look on his face. "Ch-Chan..."

He ran to her side. "Wh-What happened?"

Hyunjin sighed and began explaining everything.

After, Sydney's eyes widened. "It was my fault."

"No, no, Syd. In fact you saved his life. If you didn't push him, then he would've been dead by now, that gun was aimed at his head."

"He could still die."

A series of hiccups was heard from the girl as Hyunjin pulled her in for a hug. "Hyunjin," he hummed. "I wanna see him."

"But didn't you justㅡ"

"Face to face, Hyunjin."

"When you check out, Syd. I promise."

"B-But I wanna see him now.."

"I'm sorry, Sydney, you can't." She was still crying. She felt horrible.

Hyunjin sighed as he felt his shirt become even more wet. He felt his best friend's pain. He couldn't help but let a few tears slip out, too.

(A/N: stupid me didn't remember that I had a draft- forgive me for not updating in like months😭)

Unedited