Chapter 35

Fly with me
— Fly with me, I.M.

Sydney

We drove to the hotel that Chan paid for. I remember visiting here with my mum and dad as a child. It was always so coo. I had some places I wanted to show the guys.

Unfortunately, because of jet lag, we all passed out in our hotel rooms. Hyunjin and I shared a room while the other three shared one.

The next morning, the blasting of NCT 127's Another World woke me up. Jisung had his phone next to my ear while singing along.

"I don't wanna feel nothing, I don't wanna feel nothing--"

"Ji, what are you doing?" I laughed.

Suddenly, he switched the song. "My baby don't like it when you come around." He gave me a look.

I rolled my eyes and sat up. I looked to the next bed where Hyunjin slept peacefully, his body sprawled across the Queen-sized bed.

"Why'd you wake me?"

"We're going for food." Jisung said.

"Food? Yes." I stood up and walked over to Hyunjin. "Hyunjinnie, wake up."

I shook him a couple times before yelling in his ear. "HWANG HYUN JIN, WAKE UP!" I yelled extra loud.

He groaned and opened his eyes. "What?"

"Were going for food."

He shot up from his place. "Let me get dressed." He went into the bathroom.

I look at Jisung and we both snickered. "Alright, I'm gonna shower after Grumpy over there and get dressed," I said to him.

He nodded and walked out of the room. I yawned and turned my phone on. Just as I did, a call came through. I accidentally clicked accept without checking the ID. When I did, I gasped.

It was Felix.

He was crying... "S-Sydney, I'm so sorry about everything. I just... I didn't want to hurt you. But I did anyways. I-I read your letter, I even went looking for you at the airport but I couldn't find you, seems like I was t-too late. I am so sorry, Syd. I know you probably don't want to hear me right now...or ever. I deserve it."

I stayed silent, I wanted to hear what he was going to say.

"I-I know how much this meant to you and how much you love your father. I also know you left because of safety issues. As much as I'd hate to say this, you made the right choice. My father is looking for you right now and I feel so guilty," he said.

"You don't have to tell me where you are. J-Just promise you'll stay safe with the guys. Tell the guys I miss them-- we all do. You guys stay safe. I-I love you so much, Syd and I'm sorry for everything. I'll find a way to make this right. I-I don't even know why my father is looking for you exactly. But he said something about debt or some crap."

Debt? what debt?

" I just wanted you to know these things. I'm done hiding from you. I-I usually don't know how to express myself like this b-but when I lost you, I lost the light to my life. I-I lost my universe and I lost one— two of my best friends. I hope you can forgive me. If you do, I promise, I will treat better than ever. I just m-miss you."

I miss you, too.

"I really messed up and I-I know you probably won't respond but I love you, Sydney."

I didn't respond.

I heard him sigh. "You guys take care of yourselves."
Then he hung up.

I dropped the phone on the bed when noticed Hyunjin standing behind me. "You going to shower or..."

"Yeah, I'm going." I quickly stood up and grabbed my towel before heading into the bathroom and showering. I just couldn't get Felix's words out of my head.

"So, we can go walking around for a bit. Then we can go to this shop." I explained as we got out of the taxi. I paid the man and we began to walk.

"I'm hungry." Jisung pouted.

I shrugged. "We just had breakfast, ya poop."

Jisung rolled his eyes and slightly shoved me away from him. But of course, me being the dramatic me, gave myself a bit of a boost, exaggerating the push as my body collided with Seungmin's. He sent me a glare.

"Oops, sorry." I snickered.

He rolled his eyes as we continued to walk. "Alright, Grumpy number two." I mumbled.

"Who's Grumpy number one?" Chan asked.

"Hyunjin." Jisung and I said at the same time. Said boy's snap towards us and he glared at us. "See?"

Chan laughed and shook his head. "Alright, guys."

"So what exactly are we going to do while we are here? Does your grandmother even know--"

"I let her know everything. Even though she informed me that she knew most of it. Like Felix's dad k-killed mine. She said she didn't tell me for the best," paused. "I called her last night."

Chan wrapped an arm around my shoulder as the air tensed.

"You know what? I actually don't know how you guys got into this whole gang stuff," trying to clear the air a bit, but how could I when I just asked that question.

They all stopped in their steps.
"H-How about we get some food first and then we can talk about it." Hyunjin stuttered.

I nodded. Whatever it was was probably hard for them to talk about

(A/N: t e a)

Unedited