Chapter 45

Even a fool knows this You're the best thing I've got Once again towards you One more step, I will never stop
— On Track, Stray Kids

Sydney

"My wrist," Syd whined to herself.

She'd finally been discharged and things were pretty painful with her wrist. It wasn't broken, surprisingly, but it would a lot longer to heal now.

"Do you need some help?" She heard a low voice.

Without looking up, she spoke. "Yes, please."

Felix chuckled and sat on the bed next to her.

No sound was heard except from Felix helping Sydney to wrap up her wrist.

Since it was her right wrist, things were a lot harder, considering that she was a right-hander.

When he was finished, she thanked him silently and watched as he stood up.

He was about to walk away, but she grabbed his wrist with her good hand. "Lix," she called.

He stopped and looked back at her.

"Stay... please..."

He just nodded and sat down again.

It was silent.

Again.

"This is really awkward," she mumbled.

"Maybe," he added, looking at his hands that were placed in his lap.

"Maybe? Lix, we haven't spoken properly since I left the hospital. That was three days ago," Sydney mentioned.

Felix let out an exasperated sigh. "I know...things with Chan hyung's condition hasn't been so good, so I'm not really in the mood—"

"I understand. I haven't been so good either."

Felix sighed again and grabbed her hands. "This doesn't mean that I don't want to be with you. Syd, I love you and you know that," he said.

"I-I know, but I- we're together now...again. So talk to me, Lix," Sydney told him.

Felix sighed and nodded. "Chan hyung got me into this life. He basically saved my life. If not for him, I'd probably be dead now."

Syd winced at the thought.

"It took some convincing, but when him and I were in Australia, we went to the same school and we basically went through the same thing. He was bullied like I was, but mine was worse... I was beat to the point that I couldn't even face my family," he explained.

Sydney watched as he lowered his head.

"One day, I came to school, wanting the whole thing to be done. I brought a knife..." His girlfriend sucked in a breath, ready to hear the rest. "I almost killed that kid. A freaking kid that was barely two years older than me!"

"What happened, Felix?"

Felix looked up at her. "Chris hyung , who came to pick up his little sister, Chris hyung, who I knew nothing about, stopped me. He offered me real help— this life. I declined, wanting nothing to do with this. The night I was on the streets because I went to a convenience store, I was almost killed by the same kid and his gang."

"Chan hyung literally appeared out of nowhere and helped- saved my life. Him along with Minho hyung, Jisung and Changbin hyung."

"They took me in and cared for me, but Chan hyung the most."

Sydney smiled and caressed Felix's face. He let out a sigh and looked up.

"I believe that he's gonna wake up. He's Chan, he's a fighter."

Felix smiled a bit and pulled her hand down before connecting their lips in a soft, but passionate kiss.

His hands easily slipped under the fabric of her shirt, pulling her towards him. She smiled through the kiss as her hands made their way to his hair.

"Um... guys..." spoke Hyunjin from the doorway.

The two pulled away immediately, only to awkwardly avoid Hyunjin's stare.

"I wanna talk to Felix for a bit," the oldest said.

Felix nodded and stood up as Hyunjin left Sydney's room. Felix leaned down a bit to pace a gentle kiss to his girlfriend's cheek.

"I'll be back, love," he said in a soft, but deep tone, sending shivers down her spine.

(A/N: stream on track and stay in ya houses)

Unedited