Chapter 8

you got me hanging by a thread
ㅡ Who Do You Love, Monsta X, French Montana

Sydney

The eighteen-year-old girl, Sydney, rubbed her eyes tired as her vision came into focus. She let out a heavy breath as she blinked a few times, a yawn escaping her lungs as she did. Without even ten seconds of the young girl being awake, the memories of the previous night had hit her hard.

“Fudge,” She said out loud unintentionally. The space beside her was clear but showed signs that someone was there before. Taking a deep breath in, Sydney decided to stand up and stretch up a bit before peeping out the door slowly.

The hallways were clear, so she easily slipped out of Felix’s room, and into hers. Wasting no time, Syd entered her bathroom and took a quick shower, did her face routine, before sliding on a black hoodie and a pair of black sweatpants, also with a pair of pretty colour socks.

Letting out a breath, the girl walked out of the bedroom, down the corridor and descended the stairs, then entered the kitchen. Everyone was in the kitchen, sitting on the island, eating.

“Morning” Minho greeted.

She gave a nervous smile and nodded her head before reaching for the fruit loops and milk. “You’re quiet.” Mumbled Changbin.

“Aren’t I always?”

“Pft, no..” Minho said and rolled his eyes. Sydney ignored him and poured her cereal in a bowl before pouring in her milk and grabbing a spoon. Cereal first, always.

Sydney laughed a bit and sat next to him, avoiding Felix’s lingering eyes. She grabbed her spoon and dipped it into the bowl, scooping out some of the contents and shoving it into her mouth. “How’d you sleep?” Hyunjin asked.

“Good.” She shrugged.

“Cool, we gotta get to practice soon, so hurry.” She nodded and finished her cereal, grabbing her phone from upstairs and running back down. “You ready?” Yet again, she nodded before following the guys out of the house.

FEW DAYS LATER

SYDNEY

Bored, I let out a yawn. I shut my laptop down and laid back in my bed, staring at the ceiling. I really need to find something to do other than this underground dancing stuff. A knock interrupted my thoughts, making me groan just a bit. “Come in!” I yelled, too lazy to even move.

The door opened just enough for a short figure to slide in. The black-haired boy sat at the edge of my bed and stared at me. “Yes?” I raised an eyebrow at his continuous staring.

“Nothing, I’m just bored.” Changbin replied, shrugging.

“Same.” I mumbled. “I have nothing to do anymore. Hyunjin made me stop practising because I supposedly ‘over work myself’”

“To be fair, you do spend a lot of time in that practice room.”

“I have nothing else to do.” I pouted.

“Maybe you could get a job or explore Seoul more?”

I thought about it for a minute. “A job..huh?” I mumbled out loud. “Not a bad idea. Then I’d feel less of a burden here.”

Changbin shot me a look that said -really?- “You’re not a burden.” He stated.

“I feel like it. I don’t even pay rent.” I rolled my eyes.

“Well, then get a job. You don’t have to live off of our money.” Changbin said.

“It’d be more settling if I didn't.”

Changbin shrugged. “Exactly. Whatever you choose, we’ll support. Just don’t move out. I’d be lonely.”

I laughed. “You literally have three others, plus those across the street.”

“They're all annoying.” He said with a emotionless face.

I laughed loudly and nodded. “Alright, dude. But where am I going to get a job? I literally know nothing about Seoul.”

“I’ll help you, and I’m sure Felix can, too.”

A light blush flushed my cheeks as Changbin brought his name up. He noticed and smirked. “You two have a thing for each other. I support! SydLix for the win! Or, maybe FeNey? Nah, SydLix. It sounds better, don’t you think? SydLix, hm--”

“Changbin!” I cut him off.

“Yes..? Right, I got carried away.”

I shook my head. “Way..”

Changbin laughed. “I ship it, though.”

“There’s nothing to ship, Binnie.”

“Oh,” Changbin smirked. “But there is. Remember just a few days ago, when you slept in his room?”

I gasped. “How do you know about that?”

“Everyone in the house knows.”

I groaned loudly into my pillow. “I don’t even want to know how. Just.. what about going after those strange dudes?”

“Tomorrow in the night time” Changbin answered.

“I see..” I nodded slowly.

“Yep, anyways, you should talk to Felix.”

“Why?” I raised an eyebrow at him, confused.

“He’s seem a bit ticked off lately.”

I squeezed my eyes closed tight. “Fine.” I let out a breath and opened my eyes. I stood up and walked out of the room, leaving Changbin there. I walked over to Felix's room where loud music was coming from. Hesitantly, I knocked on the door. Surprisingly, the music volume was lowered and the door made a click sound, signalling that he was opening it. I closed my eyes tightly, nervous.

“Syd?” Felix's soft voice startled me, causing my eyes to shoot open and widen.

“Uh, hey.” I mumbled out.

“What’s up?” He asked.

“I--uh--” I stuttered, trying to find an excuse. Surely, I wanted to talk to him, but my anxiety had me stumbling. So, I sucked in a deep breath and looked into his deep, brown eyes. He raised an eyebrow. “Can I come in?”

Felix seems taken aback by my question but nodded anyways. “Y-Yeah.” He stuttered.

Was he nervous, too?

(a/n: welcome back jeongin_zz !!!!!!! uhhhh (arrow pointing below)

unedited