Chapter 5 (Part 2)

i'd rather be a lover than a fighter, 'cause all my life, i been fighting
ㅡ Silence, Marshmallow ft. Khalid

two days later...

Sydney

Felix decided to drag me out of the house today so we could 'get to know each other' which I didn't completely mind because I was with him. We were at a park a bit far from the house. Felix was pushing the swing as I sat on it.

"Hey, Syd."

I hummed in response.

"Seeing you is like when I go to McDonalds and get eleven McNuggets in my ten-piece meal."

My breath hitched. What the heck?

Felix giggled cutely and I swear my heart melted. "Okay, really, I'm hungry, are you?"

"Yeah. You got some place in mind?" I asked.

He nodded. "There's a place not too far away from here. Know what’s on the menu? Me-n-u."

I closed my eyes and sighed. "Are you really using Tumblr pick-up lines on me, Felix?"

I open my eyes and turned my head to look at him. He stopped the swing and grinned innocently.

"What? I can't help it. You’re so hot you must’ve started global warming."

I cringed. "Felix, stop!" I whined and got off of the swing.

He laughed and walked in front of me. "Hey, I may not be DQ, but I could treat you right."

"I'm- Wow." I facepalmed and shook my head.

"Oh, man, you're hot."

I ignored him walked side by side to go back to the house, deciding that we could cook. We entered and walked straight to the kitchen. "Okay, what are we cooking?" I asked, crossing my arms.

Felix shrugged. "I don't know, we could search up something on Ecosia."

"Okay, don't tell me you guys use Alexa, too." I laughed a bit and said.

"Nope, it may be too dangerous, someone could hack our system and listen in on us." He said, not looking at me. But then it all made sense.

"Oh~ makes sense." I said and began searching through the cupboards as Felix pulled out his phone and began typing.

"I found something!" Felix yelled, startling me. I turned around and looked at him with an eyebrow raised. "Mac and Cheese."

I gave him a look. "We could have just bought it on our way here." I said to him.

He shrugged. "It's more fun if we cook it from scratch."

He's right.

"Alright, read the ingredients."

After getting everything ready and putting the macaroni in the pot filled with boiling water, stirring occasionally, it finally was ready. Felix drained it and burned himself about twelve times, hissing everytime he did.

"You idiot, this is one of the reasons why oven mittens exist." I scolded and flicked his forehead.

He frowned and pushed my hand away. "It stings and you scolding me is only making it worse." He, then, pouted.

I rolled my eyes and tried to ignore his cuteness as I grabbed oven mittens and took the pot from him and put it back on the stove before grabbing his wrist and turning the tap on. I held his hand under the cool water as I could feel him watching my every move.

I mentally groaned as I began to feel embarrassed.

"H-Hold it here for about twenty minutes." I said, not looking at him. I was flustered. I walked away from the sink and began melting the butter in a small pan. I mixed all of the ingredients in before actually adding it to the macaroni.

"That looks good." I heard Felix say.

I hummed and told him that he could remove his hand from the water. He nodded and pulled it away, turning the tap off with the other hand. "What now? i feel guilty because you did everything by yourself."

I gave him a small smile. "Its fine, really. I'm gonna help you with that and then we can eat. Where is your first aid kit?"

"There's one in every bathroom in the cupboard." He answered.

I nodded and ran up the stairs before entering my room. I walked into my bathroom and opened the cupboard. I found the first aid kit and went back downstairs. After dealing with Felix's hand, we ate at the island silently.

"I'm sorry for causing you all of that trouble." He suddenly said.

"It wasn't any trouble, Lix. Trust me." I said.

"Okay… this is really good, by the way."

"I would say thank you but you're the one that found the recipe. I simply followed it." I laughed a bit.

He chuckled and we continued to eat silently.

That silence, though, was soon interrupted by three other boys bursting through the door talking very loudly. They spotted us in the kitchen and Minho and Changbin looked at each other before smirking.

"Food!" Hyunjin screamed. "There's more, right?"

I nodded and the guys ran to the stove and grabbed dishes before serving themselves. Felix and I laughed while looking at them.

"A mess." I said.

He nodded, still laughing. "A big one."

Our laughter soon died down as i finished up. "I had fun today." He said suddenly.

I looked at him and smiled. "Me, too."

Felix glanced at my eyes before looking back down at his food, a light blush on his cheeks. Why is this so cute?

(a/n: btw, ecosia is a search engine but for every search, a tree is planted or smth. i know of that thanks to evie
also, i changed the faceclaim of sydney)

unedited