Chapter 20

Stay together you and I
ㅡ I Am You stray kids

Sydney

I walked out of my room and knocked on Felix's. "It's open!" He yelled.

I opened the door and greeted him with a smile. He smiled back but something felt different.

"How was your first day?"

"It was good. Hajoon treated me to ice cream. I stole extra gummies." I giggled.

He raised his eyebrows and I walked over to him to give him a hug, since he was sitting on, and seemingly not holding his position well, I accidentally pushed him back on the bed, so I was laying on top of him. I tried not to laugh as he landed with an 'oof'. "He did?"

I nodded and buried my head in the crook of his neck as my eyes closed.

"What else did you guys do?" He asked as his arms wrapped around my waist.

"Nothing. He offered to walk me home but I said no. In a nicer way." I grinned even though he couldn't see.

Then I remembered my conversation with Hyunjin. I wanted to ask Felix about it, but decided not to.

"What have you been up to today?" I asked and felt him stiffen.

"Nothing, really."

I looked up to his eyes. "You sure?"

He averted his eyes and nodded.

What is wrong with the two of them today?

I decided not question it as Hyunjin said he'd tell me the next day. "Hey."

He looked back at me. I scanned his face and frowned, noticing a red mark on the side of his cheek. Without really thinking, my hand reached out and my fingertips grazed the mark, he flinched in surprise.

"What's this?"

"I saw my father earlier today." He mumbled.

"Lix, why does he do this? Can't you say--" I immediately stopped myself. Felix noticed what I was going to ask and shot me a blank look.

"I'm sorry. But really, we can't let him get away with hurting you like this." I said softly, caressing his face.

He gave me a small smile and grabbed my hand, he kissed it softly and looked at me before pecking my lips. I smiled and kissed him longer, not wanting the feeling to die. I pulled away and he licked his lips, smirking at me. "Mint Choco, nice choice." I, being embarrased, looked away. He laughed softly and brushed my hair out of my face before kissing me again.

The kiss broke when a loud knocking was sounded at the door. Felix rolled his eyes and I put my head on his chest, listening to his racing heartbeat.

"Syd--"

"Tell them to go away." I pouted.

"We hardly get any alone time around here, don't we?"

I nodded.

The knocking got louder making Felix sigh. "Tomorrow, just me and you for the whole day, starting from morning." I smiled and nodded.

"Felix, open the damn door!"

"Its f*cking open!" Felix yelled.

I chuckled as the door flew open. "O-Oh, you seem busy. I'll come back next time." Jisung stuttered.

"No, you can come in." Felix said. I felt my eyes close as i was getting sleepy.

"O-Okay."

Felix

"What is it?" I asked.

"She seems tired." Jisung chuckled.

I looked down to see Sydney sleeping peacefully. I smiled. I feel like the luckiest guy in the world.

"Self-Defense classes." I stated.

"Ah." He nodded.

"So, what's so important that you needed to break my door down?"

"I was just worried. About everything."

I sighed and held onto Sydney with one hand, using the other to comb through my recently dyed black hair.

"I don't know how or when i'm gonna tell her, Ji. I feel like it'll ruin her life forever."

Jisung frowned. "She'll understand."

"I don't think so, Ji."

"You know what, let's have a Felix-and-Jisung day. Right now. Grab your controller cause i'm about to beat your *ss at Mario Kart." He smiled evilly. I gently moved Sydney on the bed and she turned around on her back, mumbling something I didn't understand.

"Oh, its on."

Sydney

The first thing I saw when I woke up was his beautiful face. I felt a small smile playing at my lips and sat up. Since we started dating, we hadn't had the opportunity to go on many dates, this would be our second one while dating... i think.

Felix looked too peaceful for me to wake up. I rubbed my tired eyes and sat up. Walking to my bathroom in my room with my eyes half opened, I let out a yawn. I turned the shower on with hot water and stepped right under.

I stepped out feeling refreshed. I quickly dressed (a/n: media box).

After getting dressed, I went back out of my room and into Felix's. He wasn't exactly in there but the shower was running. I walked back out and went to Hyunjin's. I opened the door to see him sitting on his bed staring into space. I smiled and sat next to him.

"Whats up?"

He jumped by my sudden appearance but sent a nod my way. "What are you all dressed up for?"

"A day with Felix." I smiled bigger.

Hyunjin's eyes darkened as his face became blank. "You're kidding me, right?"

"What?" I stared at him confused.

He closed his eyes and sucked in a deep breath in before shaking his head. "It's nothing."

"You two haven't made up, have you?"

"No, in fact, it might have gotten worse..."

"I thought you said you were gonna talk to him."

Hyunjin shook his head. "Nevermind about that," he mumbled bitterly.

I sighed. "Well, is this what yesterday was about?" I asked, pretty curious.

He nodded silently, I gave him a small smile. "Well, if you wanna find out about my day yesterdayㅡ would you, though?"

"Y-Yes, of course."

I smiled at his answer. "Okay, so, Hajoon, my instructor, decided to treat me to ice cream afterwards because it was my first day." I sniggered. "And I stole extra gummy worms. Trust me, they were delicious, totally worth it."

"Thats my bestfriend." I laughed.

"Alright, I gotta go. Felix is probably looking for me," I announced. He nodded and I stood up, walking out of his room.

I opened Felix's door just as he was slipping his shirt on. He gave me a smile. "You look amazing." I gave him a shy smile at the comment...and the view.

"Th-Thanks."

He grabbed his wallet and put it in his pants pocket before leading me out of the room. Remembering my phone, I ran into my room quickly while Felix went to inform the others about our whereabouts...which I still didn't know. I came back out with my phone, earphones and money.

"You ready? Lets go."

(A/N: thanks to Ji_kookie95 for the outfit suggestion. love ya sisㅡ also, i literally had to scroll so far up out convo just to find the pic. i need to promote this book moreㅡ)

unedited