Chapter 37

I only had you
Every night, I scold myself
It's my fault that I didn't know you
Every night, I dream of dancing with you
What should I do when I wake up?
What's the use, I can't wake up
— Nothing, Pentagon

"How long did you think you could run from me, huh?" A raspy voice escaped his dry lips.

The girl in front of him whimpered as she cradled her damaged wrist, which she could guess was permanently damaged.

The man chuckled lowly and walked towards the girl who hid in the dark corner of the cell. His lips grazing his bottom lip as he began to think. "What should I do with you? Should I just kill you now or torture you slowly to your death, making it slow and painful?"

With every word, his voice was laced with some sort of venom. She shuddered. Her pleas were no longer heard, like she lost her voice. Her lips trembled like the rest of her body. She was completely out of her hope.

"Ah!" A snap of his pale fingers. "I'll make my son watch. Front row seats to see what happens when this damned boy disobeys me! Slow and painful torture it is then, don't you think?"

An evil chuckle leaves his lips and as he bends down to lift her chin with two fingers. She said nothing. "I see. Well, then, I guess I win."

A punch knocks her out.

Sydney shot up into a sitting position. Beads of sweat on her face, her breathing was everything but slow. She glanced around the room from any source of Hyunjin. He's gone.

That nightmare.

She began to droop her head and cry hysterically.

In the bathroom, hearing her loud cries, Hyunjin ran out and embraced the girl, whispering nothing but sweet and calming things in her ear. He didn't even care that he was gripping the toothbrush with nothing but his teeth, making the words almost inaudible.

"What's wrong?" He asked when she almost calmed down. Series of hiccups left her lips. "Hold on."

The boy pulled away and grabbed the container from the bedside table. He took out two of the white capsules and placed them in her hand. She took them without a thought and calmed down after seconds.

"Tell me what's wrong." Hyunjin said as he sat next to her after taking the toothbrush out of his mouth. She instantly wrapped her arms around his waist, burying her head in his chest. He rubbed her back soothingly.

"I..." A terrified sigh. "Had a dreamㅡ a nightmare."

"About?"

"Felix's dad. He found me and was going to kill meㅡ torture me," she murmured.

"W-What? No, Sydney, he won't find youㅡ"

"He was going to do in front of Felix..."
Hyunjin froze. "He said it'd be a punishment...for disobeying him."

"Listen to me, as long as I'm around, you won't be harmed. Not on my watch."

"You two are quiet." Chan commented as he wiped his mouth with a napkin.

Hyunjin shrugged and glanced at Sydney.
She ignored his glance because she knew that was his way of telling her that she should probably tell Chan and the others about her dream. She wanted to. But she didn't want to relive it.

The five were eating breakfast in the hotel and they were tired. "I'm calling Minho to find out if everyone back home is okay." Jisung said.

No one replied and he pressed the video call on his phone. Not even two seconds of ringing, Minho answered his phone with a cheerful smile on his face.

"Jisung!"

"Uh, we're here, too." Said Seungmin, raising his eyebrows.

"Oh, I didn't see you there."

"Of course you didn't." The younger said, rolling his eyes.

"Anyways, how are you guys?" Chan asked, leaning towards the phone camera.

"We're okay, but Felix...he isn't doing too good." Minho sighed.

"How so?" Jisung asked, tilting his head, inquisitiveness taking over his features.

A sigh. "He's barely eating, and always in the training room. If he's not training, he's in his room doing whatever. He hardly ever talks to us." Minho muttered.

Most of the eyes turned to Sydney, though they were trying to be discreet. She noticed and gulped, pushing her plate away from her. "I'll be back."

It was her fault. Her fault that he wasn't taking good care of his body. Her fault that he was slowly killing himself.

Sydney stood up and went back to the lift. She tapped aggressively with her foot, eyes darting everywhere until she finally pulls out her phone. She unlocked it quickly and taps the call button for a certain number. The doors slithered open and the girl ran to her shared room before locking herself in.

Luckily, the phone was answered just as she sat on her bed.

"Sydney..." The boy breathed out, not believing his eyes.

"Hey, Felix..."

"You called me...is there something wrong?"

No, I just love hearing your voice right now.

"I...I heard what happened."

"What happened?" He sounded so confused.

"You're not taking care of yourself."

The line went silent.

"Yeah, maybe." He finally said.

"Why not?" Her voice cracked, and she hated herself in that moment for it.

"I don't know, I just," He let out a breathy sigh, "I miss you." Silence. "I'm sorry, you probably don't want to hear that from me right now."

A nervous chuckle escaped her lips. "I miss you, too." It was barely audible, but she said it.

Suddenly, little sniffs were heard over the phone. "I miss you so much, and I'm so sorry for everything, Syd. I'm so sorry!"

"Felix..." Sydney whispered, feeling her own glass-like tears hit her cheeks before rolling off and landing onto her lap. "I'm so sorry."
Suddenly the images from the nightmare flashed through her mind.

"I'm so sorry, Lix. But I have to go."

"Sydney, waitㅡ"

"I'm so sorry," The girl whispered, her grip on the phone loosening. "Take care of yourself, I love you..."

"Syd, wait! I love youㅡ"

The line went dead.

Sydney squeezed her eyes shut, lying back on the bed fully before reaching out to grab a pillow. She hugged it as she cried her eyes out.

Felix

"I know I failed you."

Unedited