Dean Winchester

Your eyes open suddenly as you quickly sit up in bed and look over at the clock on the bedside table read 3:45 a

Your eyes open suddenly as you quickly sit up in bed and look over at the clock on the bedside table read 3:45 a.m. in bright red digits. Rubbing your eyes you start to wonder what woke you until you jump slightly by the sound of a scream coming from down the hallway of the bunker.

The screams continue along with the yelling of a person's voice...Dean's voice. Stumbling down the hallway as fast as you can in your sleepy state of mind you race to Dean's bedroom and open the door to find him thrashing around uncomfortably in his bed.

Dean has always had vivid nightmares, but lately they have started to occur more frequently. You grasp his arms as you shake him awake until you feel both of his hands violently grab onto your throat. Sam barges into the bedroom and swiftly acts by putting himself between the two of you. Sam has a firm grip of his own on Dean as he shouts for him to wake up.

"Wh-what happened?!" Dean asks out of breath as his eyes finally blink awake.

"Dean you had nightmare which led you to choke (Y/N) until I was able to come in and stop you!" Sam says heated.

"Sam it's okay he was having a nightmare it's nothi-," you try to reason with the younger brother until Dean interrupts.

"(Y/N) don't...I'm sorry...I have got to figure out a way to stop them from happening nearly every night. It's driving me crazy and I have been barely sleeping as it is."

"Dean we'll find a way to fix this okay. You need your sleep and quality sleep at that. I know that you didn't mean to hurt me. I'm going to go make you some tea that should help you fall back asleep."

With that being said you begin to head towards the kitchen, but not until your hand squeezes Sam's upper arm reassuringly, letting him know that he should go back to bed.

Once the tea is made you head back to Dean's room with the warm mug between your cold hands until you notice that Dean has fallen back asleep by the time you're back. You sigh and set the mug on his bedside table in case he wakes up soon. You see him sleeping peacefully and find yourself being drawn to lay down with him. As you sink into the bed you tell yourself that it's because you want to make sure that you can wake him up if the nightmares come back. Your movements cause him stir and he speaks to you softly.

"(Y/N) I don't think this is a good idea...it's not safe for you to be this close now," he pleads.

"Dean Winchester when is it ever safe to be close to you."

He sighs heavily and gives in after telling you to wake him up the second a nightmare begins.

And to that you reply, "I always do."