Castiel

"Ughhhh!" You grumble out loud in frustration at the impossible puzzle before you

You are currently trying to put together a new bookshelf that you bought to set up in your new room in the Winchester's bunker. You're fairly younger than them and they thought that having you stay with them for a while could help get you trained and used to the hunter life.

Other than being a newfound hunter you didn't expect your room renovation to be as hard as it's proving to be. You decide to look over the instructions once again despite the fact that you had thrown them across the room only minutes ago.

"I sensed you in distress. Would you like some help?" Castiel asks standing outside of your doorway.

"Sure Cas, I think I'll need all of the help I can get. It's too bad that Dean isn't here I feel like he would have this thing built in a heartbeat."

"Well we all have our own talents. I'm very good at following instructions." Cas says as he picks up the directions to examine them.

"Really...because Sam and Dean have told me on multiple occasions about how you're...a bit of a free spirit in a way I guess."

"I suppose I tend to follow my own instincts sometimes, but I try to do what's best for everyone." Castiel says not taking his eyes off of the instructions held in his hands.

"Yeah...I'm umm...sorry if I brought something up it's just that I'm trying to learn as much as I can from Sam and Dean about hunting. And I'm trying to learn from you as well...like how to build a sturdy bookshelf." You say letting out a small laugh.

Cas now looks up to meet your gaze and says, "Don't apologize for being curious (Y/N). I have made mistakes in the past as we all do and we can learn from them."

There's warmth in Castiel's eyes as his small smile causes a smile to break out upon your lips. You realize that he doesn't tend to smile often, but when he does it's so calming and pleasing to witness.

"Alright lets see what tools we need to gather in order to carry out this task." Cas says in a determined tone as he glances back at the instructions once more.