Castiel

Darkness swiftly surrounds you until your consciousness comes up for air as your eyes snap open

"You're awake."

You immediately recognize the familiar gruff voice and wonder to yourself if you'll ever forget it. You often find yourself intrigued by his unique use of words.

"Cas. What...what happened?" You ask as you realize your surroundings to be your bedroom.

"You tried to be the hero. That's all you need to know."

There's a sharp pain in the back of your skull and your whole body feels exhausted. But somehow you manage to turn your head slightly in the direction of his voice. You see him sitting in the chair that usually sits in one of the corners of your room, but he's moved it to be beside your bed.

"Did you heal me?"

"Of course." Cas states.

"Thanks for doing that, but why do I still feel a throbbing headache?"

"It's a work in progress." He says blankly.

"What happened?" You ask once again while starting to become irritated.

The cold stare and frown upon your face seems to not phase him in the slightest as his eyes avoid your own. But you know that he knows you won't let him leave without an explanation.

"So am I being given the silent treatment then?" You ask after nearly a minute of silence.

He finally looks over to meet your gaze and speaks, "We were on a hunt and a werewolf was coming right at me and for some strange reason you jumped in front of me."

"Well we're a team I'm supposed to have your back."

"Yes but you shouldn't have put yourself in danger right at that moment. I had it (Y/N) you don't have to prove anything to anyone."

"Maybe I need to prove to myself that I can hunt on my own."

"You will one day, but that day is not today." Cas says and with that he begins to stand up to leave.

"Can you stay a little longer. I need an angel to watch over me since I'm so reckless." You say jokingly.

You're relieved when he reluctantly agrees and softly sits back down to wait until you fall back asleep.