Castiel

"All roads lead to the same destination

"All roads lead to the same destination." Castiel tells you earnestly.

"And what are those wise words supposed to mean exactly?" You respond without meeting his gaze.

"It means that...even though it seems like we're far from finding the solution we'll eventually get there and find it."

"You're so resilient Cas. It's a special trait of yours." You say complimenting him along with giving him a small but sad smile.

The difficult case displayed in front of you on the table frustrates you the longer you study it. The Winchesters were facing a case that requires them to have all hands on deck and usually you would have a puzzle like this solved in no time. But so far no connection between all of the victims could be found.

"Well (Y/N), you're very clever and insightful. That's why Sam, Dean, and I all hold you in high regard." Castiel says with a smile as he rests a hand on your shoulder.

You feel your bond of friendship with Castiel grow deeper as you abruptly attack him with a tight hug. He's a bit surprised at first but he hugs you back genuinely.

You're still hugging him when a realization hits you and your eyes flash open, "Cas? What did you say about a destination?"

You pull away from the hug to look down at the map that's been lying down on the table marked with the places that the victims had been. Grabbing a red sharpie you begin to outline the different routes that the victims had traveled according to traffic cameras.

"There! That's it! All of the different routes eventually cross at one place. So in a way they all lead to the same destination." You explain putting your finger down at a pinpoint location off of a highway.

"Your words of encouragement helped give us the answer!" You say giddy with excitement as you kiss Cas on the cheek.