Chapter-2

We reached Airport right at 5:00 PM and waited for them to come out, it was after 30 minutes that Mom rushed towards the arrival gate and hugged a middle aged woman who was followed by two handsome men with some luggage in their hands smiling. I too strode towards them.

"I am so glad to see you after so many years Shriya. Do you recognize her, this is Trisha." Mom said as she introduced me to Auntie.

I greeted her Namastey and then she introduced me to the men behind her.

"Hello Beta, its so good to see you after so long. Do you remember him? Its Abhijeet my son, you two used to be friends." Auntie said pointing towards one of the two men behind him.

"Hello Auntie, how can I forget him? He irritated me too much to forget him." I said and we all laughed.

"Don't worry I came with full preparation this time too, wont let you forget me this time too." Jeet said and we all laughed again.

"By the way this is Abhi's friend Shreyas, he works with Abhi and he is here for a special reason too, his parents will come after two days, they have some friends here, Shreyas has to go and meet their girl after 3 days here in Delhi. What's her name Shreyas?" Aunty said and asked looking at Shreyas.

"Leena Mehra, she lives in Rajinder Nagar" Shreyas replied and my eyes widened at the coincidence. Shreyas is the guy who came to meet Leena with marriage proposal.

"Oh wow we live in Rajinder Nagar too and.." Mom was about to tell them about Leena but I stopped her by signaling her not to tell them.

"Lets go home first and then continue talking mom. They must be tired." I said.

"Oh yes we had a really long tiring journey of 1 whole hour. Really Trisha only you can say something so intelligent." Jeet said and I showed him my tongue on his sarcastic comment.

We started to move towards our car with our mothers walking in front and I, Jeet and Shreyas following them.

"So how come you run the entertainment company successfully from Amritsar? Most successful entertainment companies work in Mumbai." I asked Jeet.

"Well you can say I am very talented to be able to do so." He said and winked at me, I rolled my eyes at his answer.

"Showoff. Hey Shreyas so bride hunting huh?" I looked at Shreyas and asked.

"Umm yes and no, actually my parents want me to meet this girl, they talk very highly of her and her family. I have no intentions of hunting a bride for myself but this time my parents are on my back so I agreed. I am going to say no anyways." He replied and I looked at him with amused expression.

"You will reject the girl without knowing her? That's not a good idea." I asked him.

"Well I know it might shatter the girl's dreams of marrying me but what I got to do I got to do for the sake of my sanity. You have no idea how boring these arranged marriage type girls are. I have met a couple earlier when my parents didn't give me warning or notice and brought them home. I bet this one too will be a boring girl who is just waiting to get married with no other goal in life." He said and it didn't settle well with me.

"What do you mean by that? You cant be so judgmental towards all girls like this. For all you know the girl might also be forced to get married and act the way they do. Do you have any idea that in our country still so many families don't let their daughters complete their education or work, all they care about is their wedding and as soon as the girl gets married they just shrug their responsibilities away, they don't care if the girl is happy or not, if the girl wants to come back to the parents, they tell her the 'now that's your house and you should stay where your husband or in laws are' bullshit. So Mr. Shreyas next time before judging any other girl please look around you and think because you might not have any idea about her struggles of life. If you are really a good man that ask the girl once about her dreams and future she wants." I said all in one go without giving him a chance to retort and strode towards the car.

I heard both guys talking about something but I didn't wait to hear since I didn't care.

I took the driving seat and waited for the guys to get in after putting the luggage in the trunk. I started the car as soon as they settled in.

"Trisha Beta you run a dance studio right?" Shriya Auntie asked.

"Yes Auntie" I replied with a smile.

"She is the best in Delhi, She is very popular, her online videos always gets millions of views and shares. My Trisha manages the household and the studio very well. You know she cooks lunch and dinner everyday and also gets calls for her dance coaching with huge offerings but Trisha never takes all the offers, she only takes the work she can fulfill without disturbing her personal life." Mom replied and I looked at her amused.

"Mom you are describing it as if you are creating a profile for me on a matrimony site to impress the prospective grooms and their families." I said and both the guys laughed with me while mom and auntie just exchanged awkward looks with each other.

"Shut up Trisha, and anyways I have to do it someday now, you are 24 already, your friends are already married or getting married soon." Mom said and I shook my head.

"Really mom? Apart from my darling how can you even compare me with all those people, all the girls in my college never took risks in their lives and did what the society wanted them to. You know I am not stereotype, I have made my decisions alone and I intend to do that all my life so please I don't want to get married not at least few more years. And anyways what is there that I need a guy for? I can take care of financials, household, investments and even our security. So please lets not talk about this until I really want a man in my life." I said and mom looked at me in shock.

"So you think a man is only for monetary and physical security? You don't need love? You don't need someone to come home to?" Mom asked.

"Oh please mom, love doesn't happen overnight or in one meeting and your idea of marriage include couple meetings and then wedding, I cant fall in love with a random guy in such short period. If at any point in life I find someone I can fall in love with I will tell you and you can get us married and do whatever you want to do in my wedding. Apart from that I already have you for love and coming home to." I said and winked at her.

I looked from the rear-view mirror in the car at the backseat, Auntie was smiling but giving weird expressions to mom. Jeet and Shreyas were smiling too.

I turned the music on to avoid anymore marriage talks and rest of the ride was peaceful.

Soon we reached home and I asked Geeta to prepare the fifth and last bedroom of our house for Shreyas. I went into kitchen to make tea for everyone else except Jeet, I prepared coffee for him. We talked about various things during the tea and snacks, I got to know a lot about Jeet and Shreyas. I like Shreyas for Leena, I think I will approve him. Apart from that one statement outside the airport he seemed a rational person and he even apologized to me as soon as we reached home. I can totally see him and Leena getting along well as they both are very much similar and have similar taste too.

After the tea and snacks Jeet and Shreyas excused themselves for a video conference with their team who will be in Delhi next day for their talent hunting for their new show. Auntie and Mom went to the garden to talk to each other and I got busy in preparing dinner.

I sent Jeet and Shreyas dinner in the room since they were still working and had dinner with Aunty and Mom.